Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How heavy/show me your Superlights
  • rrollins
    Free Member

Considering a new Santa Cruz Superlight (SL) frame – and wondering:

1. How heavy is yours and what’s the spec?
    2. Santa Cruz now say you can use a 120mm fork on the SL and claim it suits the bike a lot better – any feedback from first hand experience?

njee20
    Free Member

We’ve got one of the stock £2000 bikes in the shop, a 2008 one, and it’s nearly 28lbs. They should rename it Superheavyforasupposedlyraceybike.

That one’s build with Rebas, Pro II/WTB wheels, Thomson/RF finishing kit, X.9 and Truvativ group.

druidh
    Free Member

28lbs?? I was think more like 24-25lbs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You are welcome to pick mine up (older model), I have no idea what it weighs though I weighed the frame and shock at 2.5kg IIRC.

FWIW I ride 130mm and it does wander/wheelie on climbs, I guess I should work out how to shorten the fork travel and see how that works out. The Heckler it replaced was longer and steeper (with the same fork).

druidh
    Free Member

Meh – with the Meta at just over 30lbs, I was thinking there might just might be room for a 24lb FS XC bike in my stable. I was impressed by Jojo’s HeiHei mind….

nickc

superlight = wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly

cinnamon_girl

Mine’s the old model (Juliana) and is just under 26 lbs, Fox 100mm’s work really well but am thinking about possibly changing wheels this year to lose a bit of weight.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

ive seen sub 21lbs superlights on mtbr

JoeBones
    Free Member

Mine is a 2007 of ebay and I ran it 100mm and then recently changed it to 120mm, its way better now.

With a belly like mine who cares about the weight.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How heavy/show me your Superlights’ is closed to new replies.