Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • How heavy is your hardcore hardtail?
  • unknown
    Free Member

Just weighed mine with the ultra-reliable poundshop luggage scales – 32lb. Mountain Cycle Rumble with SC Shivers, Hope Pro2/321 wheels.

nickc

Cham with 140mm Thors is too heavy at 27lbs, looking to loose weight, wheels I think

Karl33to
    Free Member

haven’t got all the bits yet, but hoping for 29lbs ish, knowing me it will end up a few lbs heavier though

steezysix
    Free Member

I used to have an NS Surge with dh wheels, Domains, and a dropper post – came to just under 35lb. It was so much fun though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Bout 28-29lbs. I don’t really care. 🙂

Simon

Hate the term “hardcore hardtail” but I suppose Mmmbop is one, weighs around 27lbs.

samuri
    Free Member

I guess if I weighed it it’d be about 30lb.
    The physics don’t add up though, the damn thing keeps flying up off the ground like it weighs nothing at all.

But then, that’s Chameleons for you.

jwt
    Free Member

4-5-6 around 27-28lbs?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

If my (Lynskey) Ti456 counts, then I think it’s under 26lbs, but I’m not *that* hardcore.

souldrummer
    Free Member

My Mk 1 Dialled Alpine with 150mm Marzocchi Z1 forks, big brakes and reasonable weight wheels comes in at just about 30lbs. Might try and get a lighter fork but £700+ to loose a pound and a half seems very expensive.

warpcow
    Free Member

My Evil Sovereign is now 27.8lbs. There might be a 1/4lb more to lose, but no more and I’m not convinced the cuttent tyres are right either.

evilclosetmonkey
    Free Member

Never thought to weigh it, Ragley bagger, lyriks and cheap Alex fr wheels (for now) has gotta be about 30lbs mark, although the speed I drag it up hills you would think it was more like 50lbs.

ActionJackson
    Free Member

Weighed mine at 25lb with Whyte 19 ally frame, hope hubs/ztr rims, reverb post, xtr cranks, 1×10 gears and fox 140 forks! Rides a dream and people keep telling me to get a full sus but they always seem to be behind me going up and down. Think i should say they need a hardtail, only way!

eskay

I ride a bog standard 2010 Rockhopper but regularly whip people riding £3K S-Works!

Edit – with Steel stanchions

Rorschach
    Free Member

My Yelli is 27lb.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sov. 27ish lbs

ska-49
    Free Member

Kona Explosif 650b (forks off to be 140mm u-turned) at 28lbs +- 2 lbs or something like that.

chico66
    Free Member

Genesis Alpitude with Talas 36’s and Stan’s Flows – 13.9 kg/30.5 lbs

shindiggy
    Free Member

C456 26.5lbs

kudos100
    Free Member

about 30 lbs I reckon.

kristoff
    Free Member

18″ C456, coil RS pikes, hope pro 2/ex721s slx groupset.

28lb 7oz.

Could easily shave 1lb on both forks and wheels but its currently serving me well!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my cove stiffee (with 130mm z1 freerides, pro2/xm321, 2.35 high rollers and easton bar/stem) is around 31 lbs. but i’m taking it apart and selling it in the next week or so. it’s a fun bike, but surplus to my requirements these days.

LoCo
    Free Member

26 lbs with light wheels on 29 lbs with bigger stronger wheels and tyres, 853 dialled Albert .

colournoise

XS BFe, Marz 44s, Flows, Reverb, beefy (!) build. 29lb on pretty reliable scales. Light enough to run 1×9 and ride all day. Strong enough not to break so far under a clumsy rider.

chiefgrooveguru

Soul with Float 140s, Zee 1×10, M4 brakes, Flows, UST Rubber Queens, Gravity Dropper; 26.8lbs. Started out a much more XC build but has since shifted over to stiffer, stronger and often heavier parts, which suits how I ride. Not too slow uphill, quicker downhill, when I’m on form! 😉

Flapjack
    Free Member

Large C456 weighing in at just under 25 lbs.

seosamh77
    Free Member

27.2lbs for my core 40, only 120mm mind so dunno if that constitutes hardcore, whatever that it…

OCB
    Free Member

I’d guess my small, but absurdly overbuilt DunCon Pitbull with it’s big old Manitou Shermans, and big everything else comes in at… at least ~35lbs. Possibly why it only goes out down the local woods / track these days (often, going off down things on it’s own). 😉

HermanShake
    Free Member

It’s not particularly ‘hardcore’ to ask. Frankly I’m offended.

My Blue Pig X only weighs *that much*, but it looks like it should weight *that much*. The Revelation makes a big difference, but I’m still a bit envious of the OP’s Shivers.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

C456, talas 150’s, crosstrails&rubber queens and formula 203mm rotors. 25lbs on the nose.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I weighed my Cove Stiffee in at 14 and a bit kilogram with a mainly slx and rockshox sektor air build.
    Can I suggest you take that 130 mm fork off and put a 150 mm travel on it . You’ll never want to sell it. 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

22lbs for the new build Corratec SS

PJM1974
    Free Member

Orange Pure 7 with Pike Airs, Pro II hubs/717 rims and SLX transmission here. It weighs in a smidge over 28lb by my reckoning.

It’s not as hardcore as some, but it’s a brilliant all-rounder.

Euro
    Free Member

Large steel 456, 36 talas, 1×10 and no idea really. I doubt it’d be under 30.

mrblobby
    Free Member

24lb 15oz for my mmmbop, that’s with proper tyres, a dropper and v12 flats.

kayak23

My Dialled PA at the back there, 31.2lbs, superstar xc wheels, Ardents, slx cranks etc.
    The Ragley piglet at the front belonging to a mate , 30.4 lbs, xo carbon cranks, nukeproof/Sun ringle wheels.
    The kona, doesn’t count… 🙂

acehtn
    Free Member

My first one a 04 Spesh P3 weighed in around 37-38lbs.

Went to steel frames and still a burly DH spec build, dropped to 34-35lbs

Went to 853 Superfly styler deluxe 🙂 and some carefull changes but the same fork/wheels, depending on tyres 31-33lbs, Been running a triple butted steel Atomlab Pimp2 which is a similar weight.

When not doing DH racing, i got a nice Surly KM, haven’t weighed it but reckon it’s under 25lbs, SS and v-brakes, very nice for xc and pootling about.

acehtn
    Free Member

strange…
    my first double post, edited it out.

maxtorque

c456. So probably about as heavy as all those other ones^^^^ listed so far 😉

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Like that ragley up there ^^^^^

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘How heavy is your hardcore hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.