Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How has your week been? Mine's been sh*+
  • Curly68
    Free Member

Been in a happy mood for a few weeks now but this week has almost taken the biscuit.
    The works van was broken into outside my house and all my power tools stolen. Not works tools, mine. Not insured on works policy either!
    Texted a lady I have been seeing last night and got the cold shoulder from her 🙁
    Today we all had to go into the office for a chat, only to be told that more than one person is to be made redundant!
    Looking forward to a better week next week!

Flash
    Free Member

Texted?, You old romantic, what's wrong with a penned missive on finest Velum?

Sorry to hear about your van and tools, we were broken into last week, it's not nice.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that curly.

Not a great week here – house burgled on Wednesday, loads of mess and loads nicked, spent most of yesterday talking to police and clearing up and now insurance company are being awkward

Today I was told that work want me to spend more time away from home otherwise my job is in the balance

All this whilst trying to sort out a divorce!

But, no one is ill and these things have a habit of working themselves out for the better

So all the best and keep your chin up

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I have had a week off work – holidays – to help look after my Granddaughter in the event that my 2nd Granddaughter would be born – now 9 days overdue.
    Monday & Tuesday – quality time with Daughter & Granddaughter
    My 4 yr Old Granddaughter started school on Wednesday (mornings only this week) – so I have looked after her each afternoon.
    Weather has been great – plenty of outdoor entertaining – parks & Cannock Chase (Milford for ice creams, Brocton – walks / deer watching with her)
    Brilliant week 😛

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

After a week in Majorca having a fab time, this week has been a bit average.

Had to stop FOUR times in an hour just now to sort bike issues too – the last one a mighty puncture.

Now having a curry to make up for it.

Sorry to hear about yours Curly – does sound cr4p. Now go and get pi55ed.

Hohum
    Free Member

I managed to negotiate a reasonable exit package from work and I am hoping that I will be able to leave work at the end of this month with my head held high rather than a broken man at the end of this year.

Just need to find another job now!

GrahamA
    Free Member

Not to bad this week, started with the users reporting performance problems with the latest software version but that gave me the evidence I need to buy some new profiling software and things are looking up.

Curly68
    Free Member

Glad some have had a good week. Sorry to hear of others troubles. I'm not dwelling on anything and thats three things this week, so the rest must be good luck?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Monday back to work after a 2 week holiday so not a good start

Tuesday Up at 4.30am to catch a plane to Brussels, 2 hours on a plane
    driven for 3 hours in the back of an X3 (3 of us in the back crammed in like sardines,
    1 hour on site
    1 more hour being a passenger to hotel
    watch a presentation in hotel bar from a laptop
    15 minutes to sh1t shower and get changed before going for dinner
    in bed by midnight only to be woken by metal chair legs being trailed across a tiled floor above me and the sound of a slamming door seemingly every 20 minutes 😥

Wednesday Awake at 5am, driven for 3 hours to the airport in the X3 again. 2 hours on a plane

Thursday
    Up at 5am again, 3 hour drive to Oxfordshire for a 5 hour meeting
    Drive home but M6 is shut so found a hotel and bought new toothbrush toothpaste socks and undies from Tesco. I did get pi55ed on real ale though 😀

Friday drive to work from Stafford. Dreams of an early dart diminish when I'm asked to review a 62 page document at 3pm by the end of the day.

Still I suppose this week was better than the week when I was told I would be investigated formally for putting the company at risk of prosecution and loosing revenue.

great my job isn't it.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Not too bad. Got a ride in at llandegla yesterday, first proper ride since December. Bit of a bummer the day before when my HR dept told me that I'm due to enter my "no pay entitlement" phase of the sickness & absence portion of my contract from 5th October.

Hoping for some good karma for the next week as currently waiting for the results of my latest brain scan.

Xylene
    Free Member

First week back at school. Nobody died, I'm still alive and I never really got annoyed with any students.

15 hours though with parents visiting yesterday was a bit much, but just made things go bang and made babies cry, so was not a bad evening really.

footflaps

coolhandluke – your job sounds horrendous, hope that's not a normal week!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

After a couple if quieter months at work and beginning to look over our shoulders, we've just won 4 new projects and fingers crossed for another on Monday so we are thinking we may actually need to look for another team member.

But on the flip side, it's my dads birthday today and I miss him terribly.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Friday drive to work from Stafford.
    Highlight of the week – getting out of Stafford..

allthepies
    Free Member

coolhandluke's job is the worst 🙂

PeteG55
    Free Member

Still coming to terms of being giving the elbow by the ex-gf and realising that I'll have to move out from where I live, and probably have to get my dog rehomed too. I'm over the woman now, but having to give up my dog is a real kick in the nadgers, only had her a year 🙁
    Still, got a stag do this weekend, cheer myself up with beer and bikes.

j_me
    Free Member

being giving the elbow by the ex-gf

?

user-removed
    Free Member

Bad times 🙁

My week's been frantically busy with weddings, print orders and photoshoots, but mostly positive.

All gone a wee bit pear-shaped tonight though – my house is full of tiny frogs who must have come in to shelter from the rain, and I've just drunk my contact lenses (stuck them in an 'empty' bottle of beer, forgot and poured the rest of the bottle into my glass. Remembered when I'd finished the glass off).

The dog is going mental at the frogs too…

nonk
    Free Member

Best of luck missingfrontlobe i was hanging by that thread a few weeks back.
    Hope it comes back ok.

Trampus
    Free Member

Thanks, u-r! You've put my sh*t week into perspective. 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

You're welcome 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

not so good. Started off ok but it was my birthday on wednesday and I drove home with the heaviest cloud over me. Just slumped on the couch and went to bed early, no tea. Woke up at 4 am and rode to work with this crazy black cloud over me. I was virtually begging drivers to start something so I could have a fight, maybe get the shit kicked out of me. Took a long time for that to pass. I wanted agro and pain.

I slowly reovered but still felt low the rest of the week. First drink all week tonight, which is nice enough. I just want to throw this feeling off.

PeteG55
    Free Member

j_me – after 3 years, she decided to do that typically female thing and change her mind. Doesn't want to do the whole getting settled, family and all that anymore, going to persue her career instead. So me and the dogthat we got, have been kicked to the kerb.

DavidB
    Free Member

Shit week of corporate politics made good by piss sexist funny office banter over irc

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How has your week been? Mine's been sh*+’ is closed to new replies.