Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How has it ever come to this?
  • wwaswas

How has it ever come to this?

the answer is in the story:

“Disputes involving family members can be emotive and complex”

Hell is other people…

donsimon
    Free Member

I think we’ve seen this increase in sensationalistic reporting grow and develop for several years, if not decades, now.
    As competition in the world of journalism increases, there is a desire to make the most out of non-stories.

emsz
    Free Member

Two sides to every story

jonners
    Free Member

Two sides to every non-story also apparently

ohnohesback
    Free Member

So being ‘processed’ for a non-criminal activity is a non-story?

donsimon
    Free Member

So being ‘processed’ for a non-criminal activity is a non-story?

Lack of statistical evidence and excessive use of inverted commas and lashings of unidentifed sources would tell me that “yes”, it’s a bit of a non-story.

scuzz
    Free Member

It’s a sad sign of the times – our Elders are left to rot in care homes, where they have nothing but thoughts of their Grandkids to enjoy. I blame the Thatcher catalysed dissolution of society into the Nuclear Family.

leffeboy

I blame the Thatcher catalysed dissolution of society into the Nuclear Family.

oh my. Well at least that only makes it a problem here. You do realise that Thatcher introduced bike helmets as well don’t you?

scuzz
    Free Member

You do realise that Thatcher introduced bike helmets as well don’t you?

She has always divided opinion 8)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

How has it ever come to this?

Because people like you like being outraged by stories like that.
    Still, at least someone benefits

donsimon
    Free Member

She has always divided opinion

I thought it was clear cut on the helmet debate. A helmet will protect you in all circumstances, FACT.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Lack of legal right of access to children with which some adults have formed very strong and close bonds is a truly tragic issue imo. Although one which is hard, if not impossible, to resolve.

The reference to Thatcher and bike helmets is a joke, right ? Since she had nothing to do with it. Where’s the punchline btw ?

scuzz
    Free Member

The reference to Thatcher and bike helmets is a joke, right ? Since she had nothing to do with it. Where’s the punchline btw ?

It’s a commentary on neo-conservatism and the demise of extended family, wrapped in a baguette of STW goodness.

And I love a good helmet.
    8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How has it ever come to this?’ is closed to new replies.