Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How harsh is the rear end on a carbon 456?
  • Tom83

As above really, thinking of getting rid of my ss and geared frames for a bike that can do both using the swopouts. I had a mmmbop for a while, but the stiff rear end set my sciatica off. Any carbon 456 owners who can comment on their stiffness (oo err) and/or the frame would be great.

I’m aware higher volume tyres will help, but wondering if it’s pretty harsh even using them.

Cheers in advance!

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Very. I had 2.25 Nob Nics on but still jarred my recovering broken nexk too much. Gone back to a full bounce. Lovely looking, very very light, too stiff for comfort!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Not very harsh IMO.

I don’t have a broken neck, but I do have intermittent back probs and the 456 is more comfortable than the steel Cove HJ it replaced.

Long TT helps and big tyres have made it a complete non-issue. When I had 2.0 Mud Xs on it woudl sometimes get a bit uncomfortable after 2 or 3 hours riding.

wwaswas

not as twangy as a Ti 456 but a lot more forgiving than a steel one, ime.

certainly takes the trail buzz out but square edge hits are always going to come up through the frame on a HT. Maybe try a Ti post as well – my van nic one is like letting the tyres down by 5-10psi when I use it.

Tom83

Cheers all!

muggomagic

I used my mate’s c456 when I broke my Remedy. I was surprised at how forgiving it was. Really good fun, if I was in the Market for a hardtail I’d look no further.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How harsh is the rear end on a carbon 456?’ is closed to new replies.