• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How hard is it to stay out of the pub…?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It's a cracking day and the boozer is calling. Mmm beer but I am riding all day tomorrow and need to stay tip top.
    I can't just have a "the one" as it will end in tears. 😥

Damn my lack of will power and border line alcoholism.

Bing
    Free Member

5 past 5 and already thinking of beer!

Me too im off to the pub, that first ones gonna be great!!! 😈

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

The pubs by me are all full of retards/chavs/low-life, . . .

I have at home a beautiful woman who I love, . . . . so pretty easy decision for me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Drive…problem solved.

Bing
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow – Member
    The pubs by me are all full of retards/chavs/low-life, . . .

You must live by me then!

jon1973
    Free Member

Drive + 1

An all day ride sounds good, you don't want to be stuggling round tomorrow, and the temptation is far too great.. 🙂

baldSpot
    Free Member

There is nothing like good company and a pint. Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think 😉 !

big_scot_nanny

for me it's not so much stay out of the pub, but can I go to the pub, have only 2-3 pints and not buy and smoke a packet of malboro lights.

Bollocks to it, I'm going to the newsagent in 30mins to stock up!

Kev

wrightyson
    Free Member

We as in she has decided we need to cut back on our intake and I've just had my first beer in a week (under controlled conditions of course) and I swear it was like nectar! So roll on the next few or so 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

God the very LAST thing I'd do on a nice sunny day is head to the pub, what a weird concept.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Drive…problem solved.

Taxi back…problem solved. 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

God the very LAST thing I'd do on a nice sunny day is head to the pub, what a weird concept.

In the last couple of years i have come round to that way of thinking. Its fun and all, but i would rather be out biking/running. Or at the very least be able to do that the next day. We get so few decent days weatherwise in the UK it seems a shame being in a pub when i can do that over winter…which i usually do :mrgreen:

Bing
    Free Member

Ok lets think about this……….. Get on bike – ride to pub – av a couple – ride home.

All bases covered! (oh and and low alcohol only as we do not condone drink biking) 😈

westkipper
    Free Member

Just get pished at home.
    Spend the money you've saved on bike parts… 8)

billybob
    Free Member

Nothing better than sitting outside a pub on a sunny evening enjoying watching girls in skimpy summer clothing the world go by.

maxray
    Free Member

well said billy bob. I would rather do that than go running.. Christ.

Keva
    Free Member

Ive just been running 😳

ps44
    Free Member

I've just been riding and done a bit of fettling. I'm just about to pop next door to the pub (with wife) for one or two. All bases covered 😀

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ive just been running

Yeah, but it was around the field where the local college's Ladies' netball team were practising, wasn't it? 😉

(Good save, eh?)

john_drummer
    Free Member

what coffeeking said. what a waste of decent weather

besides, I prefer not to drink while it's still daylight.

MrNutt
    Free Member

two months since I've had a drink and I don't think I'll ever drink again 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just get pished at home.
    Spend the money you've saved on bike parts…

Indeed. We brew our own. The first 40 pints cost £1.50 if you account for the brewing kit, then it's between £8-£18 per 40 pints for refills after that. And it's quite easily as good as any pub, and better than most…..!

Talkemada
    Free Member

I like ending a nice bike ride at a nice pub. My fave local has good beer, and loads of really cute Aussie/Kiwi female staff. One was right giving me the eye, last time I was in there.

No, it's true; you ask my mate Mike, he'll back me up.

Still got it; it never left me!

samuri
    Free Member

Indeed. We brew our own. The first 40 pints cost £1.50 if you account for the brewing kit, then it's between £8-£18 per 40 pints for refills after that. And it's quite easily as good as any pub, and better than most…..!

You'll have to give me some tips. I used to brew my own and while it was certainly alcoholic it didn't taste very nice at all. I quite fancy trying it again.

Nick

Get a decent kit, the kind that you don't have to add sugar to (something like Woodfordes Werry)

Clean everything really well then sanitise with a no rinse sanitiser

Make kit using Asda smartprice bottled water

Control the fermentaion temperature as best as you can, especially for the first couple of days, try to keep it around 17-18 deg C and avoid big changes.

See Jims Beer Kit for more!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How hard is it to stay out of the pub…?’ is closed to new replies.