Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • how good are argyles or marzohi dirt jumpers?
  • lyons
    Free Member

I'm considering buying pair of either of these. But was wondering, how good are they? Obviuosly, they are going to b good for jumping, but how good are they for genelral riding? they absorb small roots, drops etc quite well?

Cheers, Andy

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i had older DJ IIs just really basic reliable forks, a bit heavy for their travel but bomb proof

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Argyles are better for al round stuff if you dont get the bottom of the range ones.

Dirt jumpers are basic and only really good for dirt jumping

lyons
    Free Member

i think argyles are looking better. Why not the bottom of the range ones? just not very good performance.

I was also wondering about fox 36's and using them set on the lowest travel… That would give me more options for the future. Could they withstand abit of dirt jumping? i try to be smooth, and wont be doing 360's etc…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

36s are a freeride fork, i reckon you'll be ok!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

36's are pointless really, too expensive and the axle to crown height is higher than the others when set at 100mm

The 318 and 409 Argyles are better cos they have motion control damping.

go for them

lyons
    Free Member

right. i think 318's or ideally 409 argyles are the best bet… Why oh why are the 409's sucha disgusting colour though?

I really cant see myself ever riding pinky purpley forks.

singlespeedstu

I've got a DJ1 fork for sale.

7 months old,looks like new and only after £110 for it. 😀

lyons
    Free Member

chees, but i am going to get some argyles. I think they should be more versatile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘how good are argyles or marzohi dirt jumpers?’ is closed to new replies.