Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How GNARRRRRRRRRRR are the North Yorkshire Moors?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As title, is it all the 10 mile stretches of 20ft wide moorland bridlepath I remember? Or is there more to it than that?

I know the Lakes are over the road so theres always that for a technical hit.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Depends which bit, loads of different areas. And last time I looked, the Lakes were about 100 miles away! (You may be mixing up NYM with Yorkshire Dales…)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Possibly, work it yet again threatening to send me to Teesside, so it’s still all just a sign on the M1 saying ‘the north’.

phinbob

There are some gnarr bits, and lots of dry, fast draining trails. I think the riding aound there is actually pretty good (live there for best part of a year before movign to the lakes). it depends on where you are comming form, of course.

Deveron53
    Free Member

North end of North Yorkshire Moors. Dalby is within reach. A lot of forests, moors and tracks. Long distance stuff, it’s possible to do 100 miles off road, only ‘crossing’ roads, not going along them.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

There’s some awesome singletrack if you know where to look.

this one, and this one for instance are good descents.

trail around Urra Moor is a fantastic traverser.

D0NK

dunno bout gnar but they do have some tasty riding from the few times I’ve been. Would ride there much more if I lived closer. (peaks and lakes are a fair bit closer so I go there instead)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How GNARRRRRRRRRRR are the North Yorkshire Moors?’ is closed to new replies.