Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • how frequently do folk recable road bike brakes ?
  • iainc

I tend to do gear inners and outers every couple of yrs so around 5000 miles on the good bike, which doesn’t get wet too often. Haven’t touched the brakes on current bike which is an early 2012, but it does get some cablemagic applied every few months. What’s the norm ?

simondbarnes

Whenever I do my bartape.

aP
    Free Member

Err…. 2007-2012?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Nice summer bike just has its first change in 10 years( gore cables )

Winter bike and cx just when ever they need it but prob about 3 times a year

robbo76
    Free Member

Never still very smooth after 10 years

Mister-P
    Free Member

When I change my groupset. So that’s about once a year.

iainc

Hmmm, will be retaping bars over winter so will do it then I reckon, thanks all.

Philby

Not done it at all since got my road bike in 2009 and still working very well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not yet… probably after something goes wrong – or not

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sunday best bike is 2 years old and not done it yet but it never sees the rain really. Winter/wet weather commuter twice a year for gear and brakes at start and end of winter. Summer commuter, probably every couple of years or sooner if I change the bar tape.

antigee

Hmmm, will be retaping bars over winter

to do a good job its best not to rush it too much 😮

(same as above bike that doesn’t go in rain much 2years, used all the time around 6months for gears 1year for brakes)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Soon I will never have to change the brake cables on my road bike. I will be fitting hoses instead.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘how frequently do folk recable road bike brakes ?’ is closed to new replies.