Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How far round llandegla red/black?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Just wondered, supposed to be going there Sunday but my glass back has returned. How far and what sort of time scale to get round? Cheers.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

3 minutes according to some on here.

Bregante

About 12 miles IIRC

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Obviously it depends on pace, but as a guide. I’m 41 and about average fitness

Red in the dark last Wednesday night did the red in just over an hour (there is a diversion)

On my xc bike, on my own, on very good day, I can do all red and black in about 1 hour 20 (breathing out my arse with my lungs on fire for most of it)

On my “proper” bike with my mates, chatting a lot and doing a couple of bits twice we take about 2 hours 30.

Note there is a very big extention about to open to the black, so know idea if that is open 🙂

julians
    Free Member

red+black is approx 12 miles long, I’ve done it in 1hour 15 minutes, but more usually it takes arouns 1 hour 40 minutes with a couple of breathers at the top of some of the climbs

wrightyson
    Free Member

Aah not too bad then thought it was 20 odd miles for some reason. Does it all start on the red then you divert to the black as it appears? Looks like it might be a reasonable weekend as well so that may help motivation to drive out there!!

badbob
    Free Member

slow coach like me takes 2 hours for the red/black, record for the red/black is about 44 min?

ollie
    Free Member

How much Is llandegla car park now? I usually ride up over the boardwalks so never see the visitor centre. I’m feeling lazy today and may take the car.

surfer
    Free Member

£3.50

ollie
    Free Member

£3.50

Ta.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Aah not too bad then thought it was 20 odd miles for some reason. Does it all start on the red then you divert to the black as it appears? Looks like it might be a reasonable weekend as well so that may help motivation to drive out there!!

Yes you all start on the same trail (a rather boring fire road climb TBH) then the trail splits at various points and you can chose red or black.

Rorschach
    Free Member

On the ‘black’ route only 3-4km of it is actually uniquely graded black.It consists of a stacked loop where the 21km is made up of approx 10k of blue trail,8k of red and 3k of black.
    Theres a pretty big diversion on the red at the moment which uses a lot of fire road to bypass felling work.
    Sub hour for the ‘black’ is pretty good,53-54minutes is flying (it would have to be Julien Absalon to go 44mins though!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How far round llandegla red/black?’ is closed to new replies.