Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How easy is it to open a bank account?
  • mikey3
    Free Member

Coming into some money,only a few grand but i,m not to keen on my present bank(lloyds).Just wondered how easy it is to walk into a bank with some i.d and open an account there and then.If it is easy what bank would you choose or are they all as crap as each other!!

Lifer
    Free Member

As easy as ‘Hi I’d like to open an account please, here’s my passport/driving license and my deposit’

I’d go with Co-op, had no problems with them and haven’t been on hold on the phone for days like I used to with Nationwide.

the-muffin-man

Pretty easy but it will take a few days for them to carry out checks on you (for money laundering checks as well as credit worthyness).

You won’t be able walk in with a load of cash and pay it in.

uplink
    Free Member

I’d pay the money into your current bank and then open an online account with someone like Smile
    When it’s set up, just transfer the money across along with anything else you want

Legoman
    Free Member

Co-op bank are currently offering £200 if you switch your main account to them

There’s a few T&C’s of course, but if you’re thinking of changing anyway……..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Even if its a ‘few grand’ you dont want to keep it in a normal bank account anyhow.

Have you maximised ISA’s etc?

To be honest I’d just pay it in to Lloyds and then transfer straight out in to savings accounts in what ever form, certainly not a current account.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How easy is it to open a bank account?’ is closed to new replies.