Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How Easy is Fitting Goodridge Hoses to Shimano SLX Brakes….
  • gcaster
    Free Member

I'm assuming it'll be the same as/similar to XT so if anyone has any experience of that please let me know as well.

Basically, I'm bored of the naff standard black hoses and just want to give the bike a bit of bling and might as well improve the performance at the same time.
    How easy is it to do and what do I need to buy? Is it just a case of buying hose and swapping out the old stuff for new or do I need to buy new connectors etc…
    Once the hoses are on how easy is it re-fill the brakes with fluid without a bleed kit. I bought them pre-assembled but am familiar with the bleed process.
    Cheers

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Spend your cash on something useful. It doesn't sound broken to me.

GW
    Free Member

total waste of time and money.. black hoses will look better anyway, the brake levers and calipers are black afterall.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You'll need to buy a kit which includes the fittings you need.
    Pretty straight forward fitting them. Have my xt's fitted with them. Biggest problem I had was bleeding them. Try filling them from the caliper using a syringe and you should be ok.

nickc

Buy the kit rather than just the hoses that way you'll get all the connectors as well. It's all pretty straightforward fitting-wise it's all well made kit. You need fresh mineral oil and obviously need to bleed them. As for performance; they'll sharpen things up a bit rather than add power which in my opinion is no bad thing when it comes to shimano brakes which can be a bit spongy otherwise. If you like on/ off switches ( and I do) then the goodridge hoses will do that.

ahwiles
    Free Member

what GW said; braided brake hoses are completely pointless (they look cack also.)

ahwiles
    Free Member

what GW said; braided brake hoses are completely pointless (they look cack also.)

edit: some people with 'under-the-BB-brake-hoses' find that rocks thrown up from the front wheel can split standard hoses – and have had more luck with the braided ones

what? silly double post thing…

simon1975

braided brake hoses are completely pointless

Not if you crash a lot. I've never split a braided hose, although I have had one pull out of a caliper.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How Easy is Fitting Goodridge Hoses to Shimano SLX Brakes….’ is closed to new replies.