Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • how does i stop cats from $hitting in my flower bed!
  • flowerpower
    Free Member

Grow this in your garden.

They don’t survive the winter so you will need to plant them each year, but relatively cheap…

kimbers

why should anyone have to live around someone elses pet dumping in their garden?

if it was a dog and they did it in the street they would get fined, actually we have a nerf gun at home next time i see one of the cats…. 😈

my son is 15 months old how do i explain to him what cat poo looks like?

MrsToast
    Free Member

If anyone has had any success in training a 2yr old, can they let me in on the secret, cos mine don’t listen to a word I say.

Is it actually your child going around pooping in people’s gardens?

deadslow

Get your own cat

+1 Rocketman. As soon as we got our cat from the rescue centre…no cat poo in our garden. Seems counter intuitive but our cat scares other cats off from pooing in our garden and yet he poops somewhere else as well! Result (for us anyway!)

woody2000

Funny you should say that MrsToast, my eldest did an emergency poo in our garden t’other day. I don’t know if my missus “stuck and flicked” it into next doors or if it’s lurking somewhere for me to find. 😈

MrsToast
    Free Member

Funny you should say that MrsToast, my eldest did an emergency poo in our garden t’other day. I don’t know if my missus “stuck and flicked” it into next doors or if it’s lurking somewhere for me to find.

Maybe it’s been bagged and hung on a tree? 😛

Sodajim

The previous owner of our house built a rubber chip play area for the climbing frame and swings in our garden which cats love and disguises cat eggs brilliantly. You really do have to look for them.

Still if junior doesn’t end up blinded by toxoplasmosis he might have a shining career as a mine sweeper ahead of him.

What about training your children to pop into the cat owners garden and do their number 2’s on their patio? You could even cut a handy kid flap in the fence. Neighbour might take a hint on pet responsibility and no poopy nappies for you. Win win situation

rexated
    Free Member

I have a cat, and seemingly the only lawned garden in a 50 mile radius. There are loads of cats around….but none of the sh1t in the garden, mainly because our own feline vermin lays monsterturds that intimidate the rest away (“if it’s @rsehole’s that big think how big it’s claws must be – hmmm i’m going to go an lay my own cable on the concrete….”).

This really doesn’t solve the problem of sh!t in the garden though. I’m thinking of taking Mrs Toast’s Vlad Tepes reference and running with it – starting with our own cat and then any other moggy merde machine that comes over the garden fence.

[more of a dog person really….}

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

I hate cats with a passion, managed to catch them at it and threw a bucket of water haha. Although if you know who the cats belongs to then go and shit on their garden!!!!!!!!!!

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Often I venture into the garden to find Tiddles from next door has laid some pipe for my children to stand in. This is almost as unacceptable as me dropping a small nugget of Tiddles finest down the heater air intake of its owners car.

crankboy
    Free Member

We are dedicated missile throwers stones gravel apples from our trees all are effective and fun when you get a catseye as it were . The cats still pass through the garden but rarely stay long enough to poo now .

Having a child blinded by some one else’s cat’s poo would be quite a big problem and given the germ stays in the soil not one solved by training the child not to pick up brown eggs . So cat hunting or accept that a pet owners right to own an animal trumps your right to use your garden .

unovolo
    Free Member

attacked by a couple of kg of striped fur and 18 razor-sharp claws

By my maths thats 4.5 claws per paw?
    Sounds like a bit of a odd cat

tthew

If it’s a secure garden, buy your son a rabbit, a male one with all it’s bits intact and let it roam the garden in the day. They don’t like it up ’em them pussy wussies.

convert

attacked by a couple of kg of striped fur and 18 razor-sharp claws

By my maths thats 4.5 claws per paw?
    Sounds like a bit of a odd cat

Your average cat has 4 at the back and 5 at the front – therefore 18 in total.

Not sure about the rabbit idea – my sister in law’s cat used to bring back rabbits on a daily basis – and a chicken once. Ours brought in a seagull and a Koi Carp. She prefers to crap indoors so not all evil!

mintimperial

if it was a dog and they did it in the street they would get fined

Ahahahahaha! Oh god that’s a good one! Aaaaaaahahahahah… Brilliant. 😐

Coyote
    Free Member

Not sure about the rabbit idea – my sister in law’s cat used to bring back rabbits on a daily basis

Hopefully Samuri will be along soon to tell us about Stumpy (RIP). Stumpy was a male rabbit with a scary libido that would shag anything from dropped laundry to, yes you guessed it, passing cats. I don’t believe they had a problem with cat shit.

willej

At the last place we lived we were plagued by the numerous cats that lived in the street. We were one of the only houses/flats that had a garden but no cat so all the other cats would use our garden as their toilet. We tried everything bar getting our own cat, dog and/or rabbit. The only thing that worked consistently was my wee. Once or twice a week I would take my first morning slash into a clean plastic milk bottle and dribble it about the garden, focusing on the access points, fences that they would walk along and where they would dump most often. Goodbye cat poop.

spooky_b329

I gave in and bought one of these;

Its been in the garden months, we had one deposit shortly after sticking it in the garden, and one when it fell over. Apart from that, nothing. Must have been out at least four months and its still on the first set of batteries.

As a plus, when one of our rabbits sets it off, he jumps a foot in the air and then goes right up to it to investigate/chew it 🙂

Sandwich

This will sort it, cat remover

stuey
    Free Member

All this talk of automatic sprinklers reminds me of…[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FQR-JgqAwU[/video]

And this guy sells them
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcfZGDvHU8&feature=related[/video]

(please note no cats were harmed in the making of these videos)

chrisdw
    Free Member

One of these: http://bit.ly/GTyjLT

Pair of gauntlets and a bucket of water.

loddrik
    Free Member

Have 3 Siamese, two of which crap in the flower beds as the soil is turned weekly, just bury the crap and it’ll get broken down, not really a big deal. My kids are well versed in what cat poo looks like.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘how does i stop cats from $hitting in my flower bed!’ is closed to new replies.