Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How does chamois cream work ?
  • eulach

And on exactly which part of one’s butt – all over, just the hole, perineum? Maybe I’ve been missing out on something the last 5 years?

jam-bo

It’s anti friction cream. Rub it on the bits that rub.

hilldodger
    Free Member

“Apply to the skin around the groin and buttocks, using a light massaging motion” from the IFU of my Endura cream

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It works the same way as Germolene with local anaesthetic. (probably not true but has the same effect)

Only Germolene’s cheaper.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’ve never had problems with my ring piece when cycling but perinium and inner thigh so cream there.

TheBrick
    Free Member

All sound a bit gay now I’ve written that.

TheBrick
    Free Member

To be honest I only ever used on rides that were much longer than my normal rides.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To be honest I only ever used on rides that were much longer than my normal rides.

You can buy stuff in Boots for that as well.

MrNice
    Free Member

Maybe try a different position?

steezysix
    Free Member

Getting the Assos stuff on your ring piece or japs eye is something you’ll only do once! For me it’s right on the sit bones where they rest on the saddle, a bit of cream on the skin and more on the chamois and and I get no issues on longer rides.

taxi25
    Free Member

All of the above but also anti bacterial as well :-). Definitely keeps the dreaded itch itch at bay if your sitting around in sweaty lycra.

large418
    Free Member

Just don’t eat the whole tub in one go.

Sandwich

Just don’t eat the whole tub in one go.

It was a favourite snack for a mates doberman. He didn’t dare leave the tube of chammy butter laying around or it would be torn open and the contents devoured.

antigee

At the cafe stop you have to invite the burliest looking, same sex, member of the chain gang to give it a few licks and a good luck kiss to reactivate it – best done in the privacy of the small room but as cycling is the new rugger in public with cheering might be required

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How does chamois cream work ?’ is closed to new replies.