Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How do you use your Reverb
  • mrclox
    Free Member

Just wondering how you guys use your Reverb.

Further to an earlier post, and a reply by another member, I am thinking of linking my suspension lockout to the height of my seat. Ie when the seat is raised the suspension locks out and visa versa.
    In practice do think this would work?

njee20
    Free Member

Nice theory, but I think not. Plenty of times you want the saddle up, but the suspension to keep working – any sort of rough climb for instance.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I use my Reverb like gears, regularly changing seat height as the trail changes. I change my seat height many, many more times on a typical ride than I do suspension damping/lockout. I think it would be frustrating and impractical to have my lockout and seat height linked.

mjsmke

I’ve read its possible to link the front gear lever to the dropper. So if running 1x? You can make use of an unused front lever.

woodster

I’d like to link max saddle height to my Bos TRC if that were an option, but I definitely wouldn’t want to do the same with full lock-out.

weeksy

Never… never ever… I rekon I move it up and down once per ride.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I move it lots, it’s not correlated to gear or suspension setting though

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

mines up and down like a whores drawers.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nah, not for me – there’s times when I need the seat down and suspension working actively and vice versa – even Biocon who strive to make a bike that’s got two distinctive modes left the seatpost out of the equation

sparkyrhino

Only use mine too make it easy to get on and off the bike 😉

rocketman
    Free Member

Depends on the bike ime

Four bikes and two posts

One combo gets used as much as the brakes
    another allows the bike + rider to tackle obstacles beyond their capability
    Another one is nice but not essential
    The fourth bike simply doesn’t need one

deadkenny
    Free Member

Up and down all the time, and at all kinds of heights depending on terrain. Lock out – never use it. Though until recently I’ve never had any kind of lock out anyway, until recent Pike purchase for the hard tail, but I still don’t use it.

Lock out on forks to me would only be of use if I climb out of the seat and are inducing a lot of bob, which I generally don’t. Even if I climb out of seat I don’t bob much and I wouldn’t be sitting so seat height doesn’t matter.

smatkins1
    Free Member

The seat goes down when I want it out of the way.
    The seat comes when I want to sit on it and pedal.
    Simple.

I wouldn’t want my seat position to be linked my suspension’s settings.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How do you use your Reverb’ is closed to new replies.