Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • How do you take your Green Tea?
  • Brainflex

Dont buy a cheap tea but like any tea you will need to try different brands to find one you like. Bell do a citrus one and a berry one (sweet) Try em n see.

corroded
    Free Member

Brew for no more than two minutes, use hot not boiling water. And try some different teas – the green tea world is just as nerdish as the coffee scene. I like the T2 range and their China Jasmine is an easygoing cuppa.
    http://t2tea.com/shop-for-tea/green/?start=0

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Travis – Member

I pre-heat the pot first by pouring hot water over it, then the first pot I pour away (over cups), the second pot again over the cups, the third pot is then fine to drink.
    As much tea as there is in China, there are different tastes and flavours too.
    You need to find one that you like.
    As above though, most tea, will either be like a ball shape, or will open into little leaves that will stand on end, and gently sink to the bottom of the glass.
    Green tea, is also best not drunk from a china cup or mug.
    Glass or Terracotta earthenware is better.
    China cups are for flower tea.
    Posted 1 hour ago # Report-Post

are you taking the piss? thats a faff n ‘alf!

Moda
    Free Member

Water should not be boiling, we have a kettle that can heat to 85c then probably no more than 1.5 to 2 minutes. Some brands are quite bitter, try the twinning with lemon, that’s quite subtle.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Do you eat green bananas too?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I pre-heat the pot first by pouring hot water over it, then the first pot I pour away (over cups), the second pot again over the cups, the third pot is then fine to drink.

Are you unemployed, as you obviously have way too much time on your hands.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I tried it once come over all strange, bought a guardian, developed a listhp and then started scrikeing…..never again.

tinribz
    Free Member

Fair Trade is better tasting, not sure about kettle settings but I put a bit of cold water in the cup first. Tis an acquired taste, you should give it half a dozen cups before making up your mind. A few drops of lemon juice from a real lemon allegedly optimises the benefits and can make it much more refreshing. Don’t see it as a normal tea or coffee alternative, it’s a different taste and drink all together.

yunki
    Free Member

I put 3 tesco value green teabags into a pint glassfull of boiling water every morning before dawn..
    Then I ride to the highest point in the county and watch the sunrise.. (whilst there I offer up the following mornings bags to the sun god to be blessed..)
    When I get home I remove the steeped teabags from the pint glass and place the brew into the fridge..
    It is then ready to be administered intraveneously at precise 20 minute intervals throughout the remainder of the day..

roper
    Free Member

The green rolled up balls of green tea is sometimes called gunpowder tea. It can be quite strong on its own but is traditionally used in Moroccan mint tea. Just add loads of mint to the pop and quite a lot of sugar. It’s normally served very hot.

If green tea is a bit too much the you could try white tea. It is similar in health and taste to green but is a milder and a bit more gentle.

Karl33to
    Free Member

As others have already said – green tea is far better in whole leaf form than the powdered stuff you get in bags, which is just a complete waste of money and you can usually taste the bag more than the tea!

The Tea Pigs Mao Feng is quite easy to get hold of and comes highly recommended.

If you really want to make the brewing easy, just cover the bag in a bit of cold water first and then pour on the boiling water. But definitely avoid the cheap stuff in bags – and the flavoured novelty teas – basically anything you can buy at the supermarket!

White tea is really nice, but has a very subtle flavour – I find that it sometimes needs to be 3-4 times as strong as recommended to get the flavour coming through.

Yerba mate – now there’s a acquired taste – still got a packet I never managed to finish off in the back of my tea cupboard, the flavour is terrible at first but on the plus side it does tend to leave you feeling a little bit high.

iainc

I have been trying to like the it (Twinnings stuff) for about 6 months……still not convinced..

Travis

Are you unemployed, as you obviously have way too much time on your hands.

And I suppose you watch TV

Cougar

I must say, I’m surprised at all the ‘too strong’ comments. Coming from builder’s tea, I’ve to stew the life out of green tea to make it taste of anything at all.

Maybe I need to try a ‘proper’ brand. Where would one purchase these ‘pellets hand-rolled on the thighs of Chinese virgins’ jobs, then?

mudsux
    Free Member

oolong is the way to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘How do you take your Green Tea?’ is closed to new replies.