Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How do you recon this happened(ebay dodginess)
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Link
    Very suspicious indeed.He states he has the chainstays for it as well.

njee20
    Free Member

Awesome colour. Damage to head tube definitely looks tool inflicted, as I assume you’re inferring?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Crash replacement front end not collected?

robhughes
    Free Member

Angle grinder robbery i do believe. 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

wiggles
    Free Member

Either nicked badly.. Or

Sometimes if spesh can see from pics something is obviously warranty etc then they just ask for pictures of the part made unusable/unsellable rather than sending it back…

ton

what kind of 100% knobber would even advertise something like that,
    seriously.

njee20
    Free Member

A Hungarian one?

unovolo
    Free Member

yep looks like he has slipped with the angle grinders whilst cutting the lock off as rest of it looks mint.

Can’t see how or why you would cause damage like that accidentally.

robhughes
    Free Member

Love that statement ton (knobber) 😆

RobHilton
    Free Member

Sure it’s not a sticker?

robhughes
    Free Member

Defo a grinder.You can see by the rounded end of the cut on the cup and the shattered paint on the bottom of it.
    I do a lot of grinding. 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

robhughes – Member
    I do a lot of grinding.

robhughes
    Free Member

Hahaha.

batfink
    Free Member

^ meme-selection of the year. Awesome.

njee20
    Free Member

Id echo that sentiment, marvellous.

warpcow
    Free Member

If Spec. had requested it as part of a warranty deal, they’d want the headtube and bb-shell completely seperated.

hora
    Free Member

Looks like someone didnt have the tools to remove bits and was abit drunk.

Or more likely it was put beyond use due to warranty claim on rear triangle.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hora, I’ve put stuff “beyond use” after a warranty clam. You don’t tickle it with an angle grinder like that… You cut it into several sections. I’ve got the head tube off a Klien, someone else has the downtube and a third person the top tube. The rear end was cracked and that that was binned.
    THATS how it’s done! 🙂

huw
    Free Member

Which company in their right mind would “warranty” that for it to be an uncollected warranty frame? It’s obviously self-inflicted for one reason or the other. Angle grinder would be my guess.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

looks tool inflicted

He’s definitely a tool.

Any requests for pics of the back end?

cloudnine
    Free Member

The frame serial number of the frame is WSBC604128534H

If that helps anyone..

warpcow
    Free Member

huw – Member
    Which company in their right mind would “warranty” that for it to be an uncollected warranty frame? It’s obviously self-inflicted for one reason or the other. Angle grinder would be my guess.

Not that they warrantied that frame in that condition, but that it was warrantied when intact (with some kind of fault, obviously) and they demanded the old frame be destroyed with a grinder so the owner couldn’t sell it on (fail on both counts here). It’s pretty standard practice to save them disposing of broken frames or dealing with disgruntled people who bought broken 2nd-hand frame without knowing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PP, spot on there. I once had to totally kill a friend’s beloved frame. Chopped up in to bits, heartbreaking.

That’s clearly knicked.

Tracey

We had two S Works carbon frames replaced last year under Specialized assisted crash replacement policy. My understanding is that the dealer is charged £200 if the frames aren’t sent back to Specialized. Looks a bit dodgy to me.

cloudnine
    Free Member

why is there a big grinder mark in the headtube??

supercowrider (0)
    it was a crack and somebody started to repair it. it has to cut out from the frame. sorry, my English is not very good

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How do you recon this happened(ebay dodginess)’ is closed to new replies.