Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • how do you put music to your youtube videos?
  • racefaceec90

there are plenty of videos on youtube,that have a music soundtrack to them.how do i go about it?also how do i not infringe copyright e.t.c (will say what the track is/who did it) on the videos.thanks 🙂

mr-brightside
    Free Member

ive used windows movie maker should be free to download just google it. not sure about the copyright thing though?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Im not sure how the copyright thing works either. I uploaded a video earlier today with a song owned by EMI. Youtube can somehow recognise the song which is embedded in the video.

So I got this email from them saying =

Your video, My First COD Montage!, may have content that is owned or licensed by EMI.

No action is required on your part; however, if you’re interested in learning how this affects your video, please visit the Content ID Matches section of your account for more information.

HTH

5thElefant
    Free Member

Freemusicarchive is a good source of royalty free music. Check the licence agreements as not all tracks allow reuse. There is a lot of good stuff there (amongst an awful lot of crap).

Lesanita2
    Free Member

has anyone found good MTB video music on Freemusicarchive? or similar.

This youTube royalty stuff is a pain. I’m using music I’ve bought, but there is obviously an issue when attached to a Youtube video.

I’d be happy to pay a couple of quid if I have to, but can’t see how.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just stick on whatever you want in your video editor, upload and leave it to You Tube. You’ll probably get an email saying who has copyright and you don’t have to do anything. You tube then put a bit on the page with the video saing what it is and offering up links to the artist, buy the track etc. No drama at all really

spooky_b329

Some of the labels are quite draconian and your sound gets deleted…I think EMI are one of those that do this.

I’ve had similar problems with Facebook, however I seem to get away with it on Vimeo. Its a bit silly really as I’ve bought quite a few tracks through the itunes link on Youtube when I’ve been inspired to use them in my own clips.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’ve used Windows Movie Maker, very easy to use even for a klutz like me. It was already installed on my laptop, if you are using Windows 7 you may already have it.
    As for copyright, i used some 40yr old rock music and my US friends cannot access it as it is blocked there but you can see it in the UK.

Just try it and see really.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Just upload with the music you want. Usually you get a message if there is an issue and most record labels stick an ad on your vid unless they decide it is unsuitable.
    Some are not so enlightened and you’ll have to change the music. You Tube have a music swap function where you can choose from thousands of copy right free tracks. You can search by style and length of track.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘how do you put music to your youtube videos?’ is closed to new replies.