Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • How do you lock your bikes up in your shed/garage?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Our bikes are in an alarmed garage that’s integral with the house. The windows are obscured with plastic film, the up-and-over door has bolts top and bottom and the frame reinforced with steel bars. The weakest bit now is the two plywood panels of the door so I’m going to reinforce them with alloy sheet screwed to the frame and the gap between filled with expanding foam, which won’t increase the weight of the door but will absorb and spread the load if somebody tries to kick a panel out. We also take care to ride straight round to the back of the house and never leave the garage door open for passers-by to see the bikes hung up. I transport bikes inside the car and not displayed like trophies on the roof or the boot. If there are teenagers the street we wait until they’ve gone before handling bikes. When we go on holiday i cable lock all the bikes together and hide my angle grinder and rig up an extra attack alarm on the door that will sound if anybody moves the handle.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How do you lock your bikes up in your shed/garage?’ is closed to new replies.