• This topic has 45 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by luke.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • How do you like your steak?
  • Netdonkey

Simple Question. For me, if a good vet can get it mooing again it is cooked!

tartanscarf

Not a steak man at all, give me a bit of a fish any time. The chew to flavour ratio on steak is all wrong.

The missus disagrees with me and agrees with you though.

CheesybeanZ

wipe its arse and blow its nose , done 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

yuk, medium rare please

Edukator
    Free Member

"carbonisé". It makes them smile and saves having to send it back to be cooked.

RegP
    Free Member

With you Netdonkey

Netdonkey

wipe its arse and blow its nose , done

V funny will use that one next time I order a steak in a resturant

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Medium rare. Pink in the middle.

A friend of mine used to have the thing still twitching, with mayo (not Simon) all over it. There used to be a blood slick floating on a sea of mayo. 😯

grantway
    Free Member

Burnt

sobriety
    Free Member

The correct phrase for bleu is 'tear its horns out and wipe its arse' 😛

ton

mediun rare. with mayo n mustard mix to dip it in.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Medium rare here, with fried onions and mustard.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Flashed in butter for one min on each side. Remove and add cream, brandy and black pepper to the butter. Pour over steak. Mmmmmmmm.

sweepy
    Free Member

what gives me the hump is when they ask you how you want it cooked, then disregard you and give you it undercooked cos that is somehow the right way.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Depends on the cut and the accompaniments, but usually prefer the rare side of medium cooked on a griddle.
    The 'sea of blood' means the steak has not been properly rested before serving and is the sure sign of poor cooking technique……

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I only eat steak about one a year on average, but when I do rare every time, or if I figure it'll be a really good piece of meat I'll go for bleu. Mopping up the blood from a good steak with your chips – one of life's pleaseures 🙂

Missus has steak well done – grim, looks (and probably tastes) like a piece of leather.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just a second past raw in the middle please

br
    Free Member

Bleu, also known as 'English' in Germany!

scaredypants

I like it raw, straight off the still-warm breasts of a freshly slaughtered virgin

Am I man enough now ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Steak in a tupperware with a glass of red wine over night.

Butter oil in pan, throw in half a fresh ground chilli and some sliced red onion. Chuck the steak in, brown both sides until the brown bits meet in the middle on the sides.

Chuck wine in pan, stir in a small amount of cornfour/water mix, add some water until it tastes "right" (its way to concentrated initially as you've effectively got reduced wine and chilli).

Raw steak tastes good too if your in a hurry 🙂 your doctor may disagree

SST
    Free Member

There's a place near me that does a 600g steak. I have mine medium rare with mushroom sauce. You don't need much else with it btw 🙂

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

another medium rare, the pink in the middle tastes great and its texture too. mmmm hungry now!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I once ordered a 32oz T-bone, well done. When the waiter went through the order one more time he said "Right, 3 T-bones, two medium rare, one knackered."

I've matured over time and like my steaks medium.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Rare for me, salt and pepper each side, cook in ground nut oil to get pan v hot, minute 30ish each side for 1 inch thickness, on turning add a chunk of good butter, baste as you go, serve with chips and green beans and a mustard mayo garlic puree for dipping…red wine…sorted.

I love steak and have at least one a week, have had five in a week before now 😀

My fave to cook atm is sainsburys taste the difference 21 day matured sirloin..cooks really well.

IanMunro
    Free Member
    Drac

Medium rare is my usual but don't mind a rare.

The chew to flavour ratio on steak is all wrong.

Only if you use a shit butchers.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

running around being a cow 🙂

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

what gives me the hump is when they ask you how you want it cooked, then disregard you and give you it undercooked cos that is somehow the right way.

Absolutely, or even worse, assure you in a totally condascending way that it has been cooked the French way. Well pi55 off to France and cook it you pretentious gimp.

bommer
    Free Member

rare to medium rare. Ribeye every time – gorgeous.

As for fish, the fresher and raw-er the better

Ewan
    Free Member

Well done, and it goes back if it's still bleeding.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not beyond the help of a good vet.

hels
    Free Member

Depends on the quality of the establishment or the vendor – decent restaurant or butcher and cook myself – bleue.

I ask if they keep it at room temperature before cooking, if the waiter/ess looks at you funny then medium rare.

Any kind of chain pub, roadside cafe, not very good restaurant – I'll have the chicken pie thanks.

crazy-legs

The correct phrase for bleu is 'tear its horns out and wipe its arse'

First time I heard that phrase was with a mate in a country pub in Devon. The other one he used in pubs with open fires was to say "walk it past the fire on it's way in" 😉

I like mine medium, nicely pink in the middle.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cremated. I was actually banned from eating steak in a local restaurant by the french chef ( a friend of mine) for liking them well done

MrNutt
    Free Member

rare, pan fried in butter served with triple cooked chips, salad & fresh hollandaise

RustySpanner

TJ, if it were sausages or bacon, then yes, cremate away!

Chicken as well, TBH, but steak, lamb or roast beef?

jimmy

"chef likes to serve it pink"

chef ain't eating it or paying, get it cooked.

grahamt1980

Rare for sure, have tried blue but not as keen.
    Can't stand anything over rare, makes it pointless

higgo
    Free Member

à point

SaxonRider

Seared on the outside. Heart still beating on the in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘How do you like your steak?’ is closed to new replies.