Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How do you know when to upgrade
  • jakeclyro
    Free Member

Hi guys

I have been mountain biking for around 4 years now. not non stop but regularly.

I have recently been thinking of up grading my bike. I have had a trek 6000 since i started not really made any major changes to it.

I don't really have a style, but i don't tend to do huge enduro rides, just all mountain stuff i guess.

I have got to a stage now where i feel i would like something a bit more flexible to my style. ie, some to take the bumps of more tech DH and something maybe better at climbing.

Now is it just personal preference or are there be any signs of a rider due an upgrade?

jedi

ou decide you want another bike. don't confuse this with need 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

go demo some stuff in your price range. if you like it more than your current bike then give it some serious thought. after 4 years you have definitely got your moneys worth!

radoggair
    Free Member

ou decide you want another bike. don't confuse this with need

Dont listen to Jedi, you NEED a new bike quickly.
    Sell your car, your home, your kids n wife, do whatever, but buy that new bike. We all NEED a new bike

WTF
    Free Member

Demo days are good to see if the other side is greener.

angryratio
    Free Member

Well my old man has five guitars. He could have one..

go figure.

andrewh
    Free Member

[TANNOY] Ton to the forum please, Ton to the forum [TANNOY]

thomthumb
    Free Member

i go through bikes at a bit of a rate – although i have a couple of keepers right now…

i'd say when the repair bill is higher than you'd get for selling it it's time to move on.

4 years; the drivetrain must be on it's last legs?

brakes
    Free Member

you upgrade when you can almost afford it

zaskarrider
    Free Member

if you are happy with what you have then just ride ride ride.. then give it a service and get out there riding.

I have a GT Zaskar L.E. from 18 years ago with Rockshox judy DH's ok they may only have what seems like 6mm of travel and nowhere to fit disc brakes but i still have endless fun.
    My other bike is a GT Pantera A.L. from 15 years ago this one is a nice rigid XC bike as i am heading towards 46 i think i may have to upgrade for comfort… but not yet !!

keep peddling… 😆

Woody
    Free Member

You've had one bike for 4 years without any major changes………………………?

………………………………….weirdo 😯

ps. you know it's time to change because you've asked the question 😉

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I get an itch, somewhere under my credit card. then, if I'm lucky, Mrs Fascist makes a comment about how long I've had the cannondale or if I'm less lucky she looks the other way for long enough to click "BUY" and I know it's time to upgrade

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How do you know when to upgrade’ is closed to new replies.