Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • How do you have your eggy bread?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Sitting here peckish thinking about having some eggy bread and just wondered if there is only the one way to make it or do any of you guys have any interesting methods?

My usual way is to mix about 3 eggs and a little milk in a pasta bowl grind a bit of pepper in there,cut the bread into halfs diagonally dip about 30 seconds then fry.

Is there a better way?

lazybike
    Free Member

Thats how we do ours…..I’m hungry now!!

tazzymtb

eggy bread? you mean French toast dear boy

goes very well with cinnamon in with the egg and milk for a sweet snack as well

lazybike
    Free Member

Oh no, it’ll be maple syrup next….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Definately eggy bread, its not toasted its fryed so not any kind of toast.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Damn right maple syrup. Noms.

lazybike
    Free Member

🙂

GJP
    Free Member

never made it. what bread works best ?

sugdenr
    Free Member

+1 cinnammon, make it regular for kids in the morning – much quicker way to get a an egg and some toast down their necks. Sometimes add icing sugar so it comes out pre-sweetened and you get like a toffee note in there.

I have a chapatti pan, thick steel so perfect to heat up and cook eggy bread, pancakes, drop scones etc.

lazybike
    Free Member

we use the “just in time bread”.

nealglover
    Free Member

Sweet eggy “bread” with brioche and covered in maple/golden syrup is nice too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

As for bread I just use what we have in but it is probably best not to use bread with no bits in.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Cinnamon and Maple works too as does a little crispy bacon on the side maybe a sausage or two and a bucket of tea.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You could try ‘marmite dreams’…….. Spread marmite on one side of the bread before dipping in egg, then fry. Lurvly

lazybike
    Free Member

stop it with the sweet…its savoury, we’re a transport cafe country, not a Denny’s country…. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

“marmite dreams” :mrgreen:

I love naming things I make

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marmite eggy bread. Oh my…..That sounds ace!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

nutmeg, cinamon and sometimes all spice.

sprinkle brown sugar on while in the pan

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Eggs done first then applied to bread in a toasted state.

Almost like scrambled eggs on toast…. 😉

lazybike
    Free Member

You could try ‘marmite dreams’…….. Spread marmite on one side of the bread before dipping in egg, then fry. Lurvly

now were rocking..

Tracker1972
    Free Member

It is french toast, and it doesn’t have to go into a toaster to be toast, and it is just egg, milk, pepper, salt and bread you fancy cooking f£$%ers!

I am now angry because I thought I might be a little peckish, now I am flipping starving! 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmarmite.

loum
    Free Member

mmm eggy bread.
    better than toast, whatever the french think

alpin
    Free Member

i call it “breaddippedin”.

in germany it’s called “arme ritter”, literally “poor knight”.

couple of eggs, splash of milk, pinch of pepper and salt and into the pan. served with a good dollop of ketchup.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

KETCHUP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brown sauce, HP for me, but it has to be brown… You were doing so well as well!

andyl
    Free Member

ketchup
    or
    cold runny compote made when making blackberry and apple jam and stored
    or
    knock up some warm apple and plumb compote while making the toast.

lazybike
    Free Member

knock up some warm apple and plumb compote while making the toast.

I eat biscuits while making toast..

alpin
    Free Member

canät get brown here in germany…. well, i could but it’s a trek across town and i don’t really like it all that much.

had some last week on a bacon sandwich whilst visiting the folks. a bit meh, as far as i concerned….

colournoise

No milk.
    No sweet stuff.
    Whatever bread is laying around.

Just egg, salt, pepper and bread.
    Served with HP.

For a super unhealthy taste sensation variation, make some cheese and branston sandwiches then ‘eggy bread’ them.

slainte 😀 rob

Ringo
    Free Member

gotta be white bread cut into little soldiers 😀 no milk just egg and tomato sauce or brown iy ya feeling crazy

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Best snack ever!

With bacon on top and lashings and lashings of HP Sauce

I_Ache
    Free Member

Now then Ringo soldiers sounds like a cracking idea! Going to do that in a couple of days, I have already gone for the triangles and don’t think I can manage any more.

Andy

Woah!!!! Liking the marmite thing. 😯 😯 😯 😀 😀 😀

v8ninety

Get. That. Orrible. Marmite. Sh!te. Away from my nommy eggy bread! You heathens!!! Lol

Davesport

Butter bread both sides & season. Take a medium sized drinks glass & remove a round “puck” from the middle of the slice leaving a nice 7/8 cm hole. Nip out to the hen house & fetch in a couple of fresh eggs. Put the buttered bread in the hot frying pan with some olive oil & crack an egg into the hole you created earlier. Fry gently both sides until the egg’s cooked. Eat the cut out puck whilst frying to prevent excessive salivation.

Yum 😀

hp_source

Milk, eggs, pepper, salt and……. finely grated cheese, whatever size/shape/colour bread you want.

you get the hint of bubbly/burnt cheese 🙂 mmmmmm

that’s breakfast sorted!

seahouse
    Free Member

French Toast and beans yummm

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Make as you usually would then grate extra strong cheddar over it. Melt under grill. Eat as is or cover in baked beans.

Either that or, cover in lots of crispy bacon and maple syrup. Bacon and maple syrup is one of the greatest food combos ever.

Although not scientifically proven, its a fact! 🙂

tonyplym
    Free Member

How the hell am I supposed to keep to the New Year diet if you lot keep going on about marmite eggy bread . . . I’m just going to have to give that a try now.

Dark-Side

Marmite is the only condiment worthy of spreading on eggy bread.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How do you have your eggy bread?’ is closed to new replies.