Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How do you find stuff in the classified section?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Although I find the pink bike search on thier classifieds easy to use, the one on here is like a jumble sale after a drunken brawl involving multiple combatants.

That said maybe I just don’t understand how to use it, does anyone have any hints or tips on how to find items using the classified searches.

vdubber67
    Free Member

The issues you describe are half the fun to me. Just read through the posts and see if there’s anything you like really… 🙂

althepal

Yeah, takes a while, especially if you have words like “pads” “661” and “on one” in your search field!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

eh?. The only issue I’ve found is it doesn’t work searching on two letters ie XT

althepal – Member
    Yeah, takes a while, especially if you have words like “pads” “661” and “on one” in your search field!

wouldn’t that just be the same on pinkbike, that’s a user error issue surely? not the search function,it’s done exactly what you asked of it.

Harry_the_Spider

If you do a search for “filing cabinet” you will find the one that I am giving away.

HTH 😉

thepurist

<scurries off to classifieds in the hope that HtS is giving away a free Orange 5>

<comes back disappointed>

althepal

Just mean if you search for pads you’ll get a ton of results.. Mostly for folk selling brakes or indeed, bikes with new brake pads- not knee pads as intended. Not a fault, just a foible.

kaesae
    Free Member

It’s nothing like pink bike, you go into the for sale then you use the search bar and it brings up everything from thread to normal classified stuff.

I don’t have a couple of hours to spend sifting through that crap, I just want to look for some revletaion fors 20mm bolt through 2010 or newer!

Pink bike, go into buy/sell choose UK then fork section, type in revelation.

Yes I can see how it could be fun to visit the topsy turvy jumble sale, it’s just not my thing 😉

So has anyone figured out how to find stuff in the classified section or is it just a matter of stumbling around like a drunken idiot, hoping someone will put the light of common sense on?

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t have a couple of hours to spend sifting through that crap

Far too busy eh? 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

are you asking how to use the internets?

Drac

In advanced search there’s options to limit restrict the results to certain limits.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So has anyone figured out how to find stuff in the classified section or is it just a matter of stumbling around like a drunken idiot, hoping someone will put the light of common sense on?

Pretty much, I like it for that reason, it’s like going to an autojumble, you go because you don’t know what your looking for, but there’s bound to be something usefull, so you trudge through for agaes and eventualy find a the lime green MRP G2, whichis just what you need to finish off the 1×10 conversion on your green pitch, the seller assures you it’s for a maximum 36t, you buy it, get home and find that actualy he may have run a 36t on it but there’s no way it’s the <36t version he implied it was and it doesnt fit. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes I see what you mean now, I guess if I was wanting just ads for rev forks and not all the ones that are for whole bikes that happen to have revs on them, I’d probably alter the search parameter to ‘Revelation’ in the title only, but to be honest, it’s usually pretty obvious in the title which are full bikes. I usually only go back over a week or two’s worth of ads (I think the shortest search parameter is a month? not sure).

geoffj

Harry_the_Spider – Member

If you do a search for “filing cabinet” you will find the one that I am giving away.

HTH

You upgrading to an Alpine 160 or something?

nickjb
    Free Member

Use google. It’s much faster. if you use the site: command it just searches a partivular site eg “site:http://singletrackworld.com/forum/forum/classifieds 661”

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Personally, i like descriptive titles.
    “Clearout” implies a long list of stuff, most of which i won’t want.
    But then again, sometimes its worth looking through…

loddrik
    Free Member

Never had much of a problem with searching the classifieds myself.

chvck
    Free Member

Can’t say as I’ve had a problem either, just go to advanced search and select to only use the For Sale section. Sorted!

Harry_the_Spider

You upgrading to an Alpine 160 or something?

Nope. Wife has re done her office and she has bought a wooden Edwardian one.

soobalias
    Free Member

are there any newish 20mm revs for sale on pinkbike?

kaesae
    Free Member

Thank you chvck!

elliott-20
    Free Member

eh?. The only issue I’ve found is it doesn’t work searching on two letters ie XT

That’ll be the WordPress MySQL limitations I believe. It won’t let you search for anything less than 3 characters in length.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How do you find stuff in the classified section?’ is closed to new replies.