Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How do I undo this..
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Bit of play in my sprocket on my BMX. Figured I would take it off and see what's going on, check the freehub is ok etc. etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

Screwdriver and hammer, but I imagine someone will be along to tell you to use the correct tools. 🙄

nickjb
    Free Member

You need the right freewheel removal tool

something like this:
    freewheel tools

Local BMX shop should have one

uplink
    Free Member

You need a beer first

Rickos
    Free Member

Hammer and wide scredriver will probably work, but then if you manage to fix the play it probably won't be worth putting back on. Get the right 4 prong tool. I like having the correct tool for the job, but then I'm a bit of a tool geek. Some may say there was no need for me to add geek there, but hey, whaddoIknow.

singlespeedstu

You need a freewheel removal tool and you'll have to put some weight behind it to get it undone*.

*Best to ask a grownup to help with this bit.

nickjb
    Free Member

As above, it'll probably be very tight. I find its best to put the (correct) tool in a vice and turn the wheel. If you are friendly with your LBS it might be best just to get them to undo it.

montylikesbeer

a rock and an octopus……………i'll get my coat

dafoxster
    Free Member

I had the exact same issue a few months back (on my SS Genesis IO). Ended up buying a freewheel removal tool. The tool then was put in a vice and then the tyre was turned on top of the clamped tool.

Edit – beaten to it above!

DezB
    Free Member

uplink – Member
    You need a beer first

😆

soma_rich
    Free Member

Good luck and take a good look at your knuckles before hand they may never be the same again!

z1ppy

soma_rich – Member
    Good luck and take a good look at your knuckles before hand they may never be the same again!

but not to worry beer would ease the pain….

rootes1

with these tools helps if you have a vice – but tool in vice face up, put wheel on top then undo wheel wheel rim + tyre as leverage..

as bods have mentioned above

saves knuckles and often easier to undo

RealMan
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do I undo this..’ is closed to new replies.