Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • How do i take a photo of my bike?
    Free Member

Dear STW & Richpipps/SFB et al!

While out on a quick ride t’other day (on the road/through the very local woodland) I felt compelled to take a photo of my bike shining in all its niche-ness(?) .. but after snapping away with my phone, the resulting images look cr*p.

Not in the quality but in the general view of bike / surrounding area.

OK, feel free to offer suggestions/constructive criticism as to why the photo of my bike looks a pile of cr*p. i.e. what’s wrong?

ta

Jonathan

Free Member

Oh aye, it would help if I posted a photo of the bike in question 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how long is that steerer

postierich
    Free Member

O my lord let the abuse commence 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

get a shapely young woman to ride it…

grumm
    Free Member

Find a less cluttered background – something with less going on will highlight the bike more.

Don’t use a camera phone.

rOcKeTdOg

blimey!
    *forms cordon to keep the baying hordes away*

Tracey

You need a grubby garden, weeds and a falling down fence to make it stand out

Tracey

Teetosugars
    Free Member

O Dear God. 😳

thomthumb
    Free Member

what he said: if you take a glance, you can’t see that it’s a single speed, or pick out the spokes.

noy sure about the angle either…

Free Member

The steerer is to be cut down, just haven’t quite got round to doing that … thanks rob 😉

More comments please, the more critical too…

The whole bike stands me at approximately £250 which I think is fairly reasonable considering.

nickname
    Free Member

Your’ll probably need some photoshop skills for this one 😉

rOcKeTdOg

at least you are riding it, not just taking a pic then putting it back in the shed

Free Member

Teeto… care to elaborate? dont hold back mate, the bike was built cheaply and pretty much cobbled together with very well priced parts (mostly from STW)

mefster
    Free Member

Mow/weed lawn 😉

postierich
    Free Member

The bike looks confused!

mikeclarke
    Free Member

i agree with simonfbarnes – chicks on bikes are the way forward if only there were more!!

Free Member

Postierich,

You’re the honoured king of SS 😉 And you echo my thoughts too, so, any suggestions are more than welcome 😉

jt

PePPeR

Ok ok he asked for advice on taking pictures of his bike not a fashion police slagging off.

I agree the backgrounds too cluttered and the angles wrong for the spokes and the sign you’ve leant it against. Then again most of the pictures I take of my bikes look shit too, and they get flamed just as badly.

Milkie
    Free Member

As above, the background could be better, maybe you could have had some landscape in the background.

I think the front wheel should be pointing more towards the camera. Maybe getting down on your knee’s to get a better angle, to get a better background.

I’ve only taken a couple of pictures of a couple of bikes and I’ve found its different angles for different bikes.

But what do I know! I only bought a camera a month ago!
    Kona Kula[code]
    Scott Scale 30 & Abby[/code]

Look at other peoples pictures to get ideas!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

try a dramatic angle:

nickc

WFT is going on with that bike…. 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

WFT is going on with that bike

it’s going downhill on my sofa…

Hairychested
    Free Member

SFB, your tyre logos are at the wrong angle 😉

tails
    Free Member

lovin that armchair simon. what kind of intense is that?

rOcKeTdOg

or a natural wood mudguard

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

what kind of intense is that?

Tracer with Rohloff. Now languishing unwanted in my cellar, replaced by Merlin ratbike 🙂

lovin that armchair simon.

it was my house or the tip…

zaskar
    Free Member

Rcket dog-that last pic is needs the rider in a ride position on the grass with head buried in soil.

Picture of the year!

Free Member

I know the bike doesn’t looks particularly aesthetically pleasing…. but…

Why the chuff does it look wrong? not a an attack on the views of STW but moreso on why the bike doesn’t look OK.

Is it because the steerer is too long? the tyres don’t match (they were the closest ones hanging in the shed) the red light at the back? the doofer?

Comments on the photo side taken, and will try and do a little better next time!

JT

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, camera phone is probably your biggest problem but the cluttered background is the other. I’m not so good at bike shots for some reason but the ones of mine I like….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘How do i take a photo of my bike?’ is closed to new replies.