Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • how do i set low speed compression damping
  • meeeee
    Free Member

i just run my forks in middle settings for rebound and low speed compression and it seems to work, but i was thinking i dont even really know what low speed compression damping is for!

How is it supposed to be set?

the_lecht_rocks

LSC is used for small ripple / bump response.
    if you want smooth dial it out [-ve].
    if you want feedback dial some in [+ve].
    basically it alleviates small inputs / movement the more LSC you have.

simple explanation – HTH.

glenh
    Free Member

It affects the resistance to slow speed compressions. Simples!

glenp
    Free Member

Low speed compression damping is not the small bump/ripples one – that is high speed. Low speed compression damping is to negate pedal induced bob and, to a degree, brake dive on the fork. Start minimal and add progressively until the desired effect is achieved. It might begin to alter the feel of the fork in general at the higher settings, effectively giving you less feeling of sag – in other words propping the fork up to an extent.

I like to practice riding without bobbing the fork in the first place – you should e able to get it so that you can stand up and honk the pedals but keep the fork at the same travel point. Then you don't really need a high setting for low speed compression damping.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

from a rock shox set up guide:

Low Speed Compression – controls shock movement when it is moving down into its travel slowly (ie: low shaft speed). Low speed compression can be tuned to provide maximum sensitivity to small bump input and reduce movement under the rider’s shifting weight.

the_lecht_rocks

glenp – Member

Low speed compression damping is not the small bump/ripples one – that is high speed.

oh, please………… 😆

humdinger
    Free Member

From the Bos website:
    An impact on the wheel will be translated on the damper by a displacement of the rod, on a certain lenght, and more precisely at a certain speed. Then, the behaviour of the whole suspension is handled by a control of the speed of the rod, which induces a more or less quick deplacement of the oil through the piston’s ports. That’s the reason why, the adjustments are differentiated as High and Low speed. All in all, the low speed compression runs the châssis handling (control of roll, diving), and the high speed controls the impacts inducing a fast or sudden entry of the rod. Therefore, it’s easy to understand that high speed compresion doesn’t mean necesserally that the damper will take a lot of travel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘how do i set low speed compression damping’ is closed to new replies.