Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • how do I sell more cream (this is not a wind up)
  • milkyman
    Free Member

being a milk man and working on a farm, we have a surplus of double cream,up untill now the owner has been throwing it away, crazy I know but he has, so I asked if I could find a market for it could we split the money so he said ok, I have since in the last month or two managed to sell on average 260 pints a week, (we have about 650 a week going spare)

my market has been restraunts and bakers shop that tend to use a lot of cream in there food, my problem is that i have now exhautsted all my restraunts and bakers in my local area

so, here is where i could do with some help I live in marple bridge and I just wondered if there was some way of getting a list of all restraunts in say a 10 mile radius of me, I really only wanted to target italian and english because they do tend to use a lot of it

any help would be great
    ta, craig

nickjb
    Free Member
    milkyman
    Free Member

ta, never thought of that doh

Mantastic
    Free Member

Nursing homes? Farm shops? Drop a leaflet at your current customers saying you have cream for all Rhodes Xmas meals(short term but could be profitable)

kevj
    Free Member

Sorry if this is a line of investigation you have already tried;

link

You may be willing to travel slightly further if you can sell most of it to one customer in one delivery?
    Sorry if I’ve got the wrong area!

althepal

Farmers markets? Start making and selling apple/rhubarb crumbles to sell it with?

pomona
    Free Member

Make some marscapone from it. Amazing how easy it is and you may be able to sell it to the same restaurants you already sell cream to, especially if you’re targeting Italian ones

ianpinder
    Free Member

althepal – Member
    Farmers markets? Start making and selling apple/rhubarb crumbles to sell it with?

Brilliant!

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Also Indian/Bangladesh use lots of cream

Any icecream makers near?

althepal

Mmmm, crumble.

Nick

What about turning it into something else and adding value, i.e. fudge?

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Also Indian/Bangladesh use lots of cream

Any icecream makers near?

BenjiM

How about a cheese maker who is experiencing low yields from low fat content in milk? Look for people who are making triple or double cream cheeses perhaps. Depending on where you are based we can sometimes use extra cream for our blue cheeses. Just spotted your location. I’ll ahve a word with the cheesemaker and see what he thinks depends on volume etc. Is it friesian or jersey?

Other options are churn it into butter and again sell on farmers markets. Cheaper and easier than starting up cheese manufacture.

grantway
    Free Member

Approach super markets
    Local shops

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are you anywhere near Cornwall and d you have a clotting machine?

jools182
    Free Member

I’m in new mills, I’ll have some 😉

milkyman
    Free Member

how do you want jools, have bit spare 😆

LoCo
    Free Member

Sploshers clubs?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Nick – Member
    What about turning it into something else and adding value, i.e. fudge?

Sell it in time for Christmas and you could be on a winner here.

maccruiskeen

Cats protection league.

maccruiskeen

Or lace it with arsenic and sell it to the Cats Prevention League

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Convert your car to run on it .

On a serious note very little cream used in fudge making .

tyke
    Free Member

Print out some recipes that use cream and hand them out to your existing customers.

mtb2020
    Free Member

When you say cream – is it ready to use on food – ie on mince pies and stuff and Xmas pud etc. Because you could just place an ad in the local press and invite people to come along and buy it from your farm. And maybe try to get some free editorial aswell from a friendly reporter or two.

Don’t be shy, but try approaching local TV – Granada, BBC for North West, local radio, Cheshire Life and whatever your local paper is, and even the Manchester Evening News. Throwing that much away and appealing to people to buy it from you or find a new use for it, should certainly make them take note I would think.

You might also get some interest from asking to post adverts in local libraries and sending out messages through local volunteer centres and or at hospitals. You could say people can buy a pint and get one free or something like that – and maybe say some of the money you make will go to charity or something that’s bound to get more media interest then.

scaredypants

Flog mince pies with “free” cream to homes you currently sell milk to ?

nostoc
    Free Member

put the price down?

jools182
    Free Member

purple pakora might be a good bet, theres one in marple bridge, one between here and disley, and one in poynton I think, and while you’re passing, you can drop me a pint 😉

Bunnyhop

Christmas is coming up, cream is a must for this time of the year.
    What about contacting all the Bed and Breakfast places near/in the Peak District.

Or try and get a stall at the Christmas Festival in Marple or Marple Bridge.

Also try the Ladies that make cup cakes and wedding cakes from home.
    I may be int touch as we live in Marple.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘how do I sell more cream (this is not a wind up)’ is closed to new replies.