Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How do I replace pivot bearings on orange five?
  • mojo5pro
    Free Member

I’ve had look on the orange website but I was a little confused by their instructions.
    Could some please clarify which side pinch bolts should be tight/loose and in which direction I should be tapping the swingarm?

many thanks?

sharki
    Free Member

Either is fine i fink.

If in doubt give it a clout….seem to remember someone receiving advice from orange to just hit it harder…

HTH

mojo5pro
    Free Member

thanks for that Sharki..can anybody be a bit more specific? Don’t want to be mindlessly braying my frame.

cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

take the bearing caps off first, loosen both clamps and tap the arm to the left. Tighten the right clamp and hit the left side over towards the right.Loosen the right clamp, tighten the left clamp and hit the right side over towards the left.Repeat until the bearings are free of the axle.

Artillerydave
    Free Member

it is dead easy basically the side which is loose is the side you hit so the other side (the tight one is walking off the axel, then undo that bolt, tighten the other side and hit it the other way. it really is simple. I also use a socket to reseat the new bearings once the old ones are off as it spreads the load right around the bearing unit.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

thanks for advice, that’s clarified it, cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How do I replace pivot bearings on orange five?’ is closed to new replies.