Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How do I protect my rear sus from flying crud
  • chrisg1664
    Free Member

I want to know what people use to protect all the moving parts for their full sussers. Ive got a Felt with the equilink system so theres a fair bit to protect. I want to try and minimise the amount of crud that gets flung into all the pivot points and the shock.
    Any ideas/suggestions……

althepal

Muckynutz bender fender can be used at the back a la specialized shock guard..
    Zefal no mud attaches to the chainstays and moves with the suspension..

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

For the main pivot a fender bender diy style jobbie works and is almost invisible.

#edit – I think it works but honestly I dont know for sure if it makes any real difference though. I’m more worried about the cak thrown up on my back / seat etc. So I’ve got a modified decathlon on the seat stays. And boy, it’s ugly.

chrisg1664
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Ive already got a fender bender xl but cant see how it will be that effective as it seems to sit a bit too low. Dont fancy putting anything on it that will make it look fugly, I already do a good enough job of that myself…

eyerideit
    Free Member

Silicone spray

Sorry can’t get short links to work

monogramman
    Free Member

x2 silicone spray.

Not ideal as it will eventually wear off but it will help to shed the muck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How do I protect my rear sus from flying crud’ is closed to new replies.