Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How do I make an internet banking payment to a French bank?
  • leggyblonde
    Free Member

And will I get spanked for charges? My online banking (Santander) options don’t seem to allow for an IBAN transfer, am I just being thick?

Cheers!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

You have to go into your bank to perform the IBAN transfer, my bank (netwest) charged me £10 last summer.

woody74

Normally you can’t online but you should be able to do it over the phone. You can with HSBC and First Direct. Charges are anywhere from £10 to £20. You will need the IBAN and SWIFT numberss

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Thanks guys, quick STW help at it’s finest.

andyl
    Free Member

Seems silly that this day in age you can’t transfer to at least European banks accounts without hassle and fees.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I agree andyl, especially as Santander is european! I went to the city of Santander a couple of years ago and getting charged for cash withdrawals from my Santander account did seem a bit silly.

lodious
    Free Member

My bank did it over the phone, cost £20, took about 10 mins to initiate, most of which was the bank covering it’s ass in case the money goes to the wrong place.

konabunny
    Free Member

Seems silly that this day in age you can’t transfer to at least European banks accounts without hassle and fees

I might well be making this up but I had thought that intra-EU euro transfers were fee/commission free. But that might be totally wrong.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Transfers sometimes are if done in the same currency. When you use your sterling account to pay into a Euro one you are very likely to be charged.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How do I make an internet banking payment to a French bank?’ is closed to new replies.