Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How do I get this useless thing off my forks?
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Go to the rechargeable section of the road website, look up the tech docs for your fork. Probably order new parts, fit etc. Or take it to a bike shop?
    What’s wrong with the lock out?

fd3chris
    Free Member

It works fine it’s just I never use it. They are 650b 150mm revs and came on them when purchased from the shop.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think you need to replace the top of the fork but the tech docs are awesome. Literally type the name and model of the fork, year of manufacture and techical docs I to Google and you will get the entire parts list and exploded diagrams for your fork. You ever done a fork service before?

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes I’ve done one a few times. I was hoping to undo the torx screw and plug the hole and then use the remote on reverb. I will Google the docs thanks.

martinhutch

I vaguely remember Peter Poddy off here having a mini guide to doing it without having to replace the entire MoCo cartridge.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a lock out so bunging a screw in might not do it

fd3chris
    Free Member

Yes I’m finding out its called xloc and it will probably be a pita to remove easily.

gee
    Free Member

Easiest thing is to remove the entire compression damper and buy a new air valve top cap to screw in the hole.

Ok, so you lose compression adjustment but not that much of a big deal.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

With a saw. HTH

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How do I get this useless thing off my forks?’ is closed to new replies.