Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How do i get hold of my Iban number
  • millzy
    Free Member

anyone know?!

allthepies
    Free Member

contact your bank.

uplink
    Free Member

Google?

AlasdairMc

It'll be on your bank statement, or you can get it through online banking.

My bank had a stupid policy of not providing it for data protection purposes, despite it only being a function on the sort code and account number. Who do you bank with?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, what AlasdairMc says…it should be on your bank statement (on mine, with Barclays). If you're needing it for a bank transfer, you might also need the SWIFTBIC (not really sure what this is but it was asked for when transferring money from Ireland to England once).

Just checked mine, it goes GB46 BARC xxxxxx yyyyyyyy where the xs are my sort code and the ys are my account number. BARC is obviously for "Barclays" and the GB46 is obviously some kind of country code. I reckon you could google the IBAN code for your bank.

EDIT: Barclays actually have an IBAN generator on their website and they say that as long as you also have your swiftbic and iban, there's no charge for transfers less than €50000. Maybe your bank has the same thing on its website?

ebygomm
    Free Member

I had to go into my bank (Natwest) to get mine, it's supposed to be on your statements but I don't get paper statements and I can't find it anywhere in online banking.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How do i get hold of my Iban number’ is closed to new replies.