Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • how do i get 2×10 working on a giant trance x?!
  • retro83
    Free Member

If I have the front mech in the right place over the chainrings, it hits the linkage 75% into the rear travel. If I raise it up then I have poo shifting and the chain rubs the bottom bit of the mech when I ride in the granny ring.

Anyone know what front mech I need or what black magic is required to make it work?

ta

br
    Free Member

and the chain rubs the bottom bit of the mech when I ride in the granny ring.

If this is just in the smaller rear cogs, don’t use them – if all cogs then no idea.

Is it a 2x specific mech/shifter, or have you configured a 3x one?

retro83
    Free Member

b r – Member

and the chain rubs the bottom bit of the mech when I ride in the granny ring.

If this is just in the smaller rear cogs, don’t use them – if all cogs then no idea.

Is it a 2x specific mech/shifter, or have you configured a 3x one?

Thanks, it’s an M531 mech which said it was okay for 2 and 3 rings (albeit 9sp but I don’t think that makes a difference?)

I think it rubs in all except the biggest rear cog.

I was thinking a top pull type mech might be better but this frame has a bend in the seatpost so not sure it’d line up right.

dirtydog
    Free Member

What year is the bike?

You could try a 9 speed slx (m665) double specific front mech, has a shorter cage, no issues on my mates 2009 Trance.

Re:- your triple, if you’ve moved it down put it back in the original position it was in before you removed the big ring, you’ll have a large gap between middle and front mech but thats just how it is unless you fit a double specific.

retro83
    Free Member

2011 frame I think, I’ll see about getting a double specific mech.
    Thanks

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

My 2010 Trance X had the same problem when I first built it, easily solved it by turning the mech a few degrees towards the back of the bike.

Just make sure the mech doesn’t foul on the linkage during full compression.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘how do i get 2×10 working on a giant trance x?!’ is closed to new replies.