• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How do I find out the offset on my Rock Shox?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I have a set of RS revs I’m selling, I brought them off here as new and they are now on eBay and one of the questions I have been asked is what is the fork offset.

As far as I’m aware they 51mm offset which is what the want but I can’t seem to prove to him that they are and he doesn’t just want my word for it for any possible warranty issues which is fair enough.

Anyone know?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

On the underside of the crown.

teadrinker
    Free Member

it says 038 on one side and SF on the other?

taxi25
    Free Member

Stick a broom handle into the steerer underneath the crown. Measure from the front of the B/H to a line through the middle of the dropouts. That’ll be the offset.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

That means it’s 38mm offset.

Andy-R

taxi25 – Member
    Stick a broom handle into the steerer underneath the crown. Measure from the front of the B/H to a line through the middle of the dropouts. That’ll be the offset.

From the centre of the broom handle – offset is measured from the steerer tube centreline.

otsdr
    Free Member

Don’t forget to compensate for the offset of the broom if you have one of those fandangled Nimbuses.

nickdavies

What year revs? I’m pretty sure the recent models I.e 12 on are all 46mm offset. SRAM don’t list an other option like pikes which come as 46 or 51.

Unless they came off a trek with g2 geometry as standard I’d treat them as 46 and buy as such.

mboy
    Free Member

The forks you had off me?

They’re 51mm for definite… Said so on the box… Also there’s usually an identity code stamped on the crown on RS forks, normally 51mm offset forks have a 51 in the code and 46 a 46 if that makes sense…

teadrinker
    Free Member

there the ones mboy. I thought they did and then couldn’t spy anything! I’ll have another look tomorrow.

I rode them for 3 months and took the lock out off once! I’m so rigid!

mboy
    Free Member

I rode them for 3 months and took the lock out off once! I’m so rigid!

If you’d have said you were that way inclined, I could have sent you a rigid fork instead! 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How do I find out the offset on my Rock Shox?’ is closed to new replies.