Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • How do I destroy keys?
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

Moving house and having a clear-out. Have found a collection of keys, some of which are (I think) from previous owners etc as I can’t find a use for them.
    Although aware of the chances of them working on a random lock are slim I would be happier if knew they were put beyond use. But can’t seem to think of a simple way of doing this, anybody got any hints?

mogrim

Recyling bin somewhere far from home?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

just put them down somewhere.

They’ll vanish, you’ll need to use the phrase ‘I just had ’em’ or else they’ll come back mind

BigDummy
    Free Member

Saw
    hammer
    pliers
    file
    axe
    wrecking ball
    thermic lance

Or just bury them.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve never thought to want to do this, but if I did I’d clamp the key in the vice and hammer the prongs a bit

jackthedog
    Free Member

Use a ring ended spanner to bend them all beyond use.

BoardinBob

Put them in a lock and snap them off

BigDummy
    Free Member

Tie them to a petrol bomb and throw it at a fire-engine.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Put them in a vice and enjoy ten minutes of agression releaving violence with a big hammer. Makes sure you do em up tight, dont want a key in the eye

Gary_M
    Free Member

Either bend them or put them in the bin. If they end up being found at the tip what do you think someone is going to do with a random set of keys that they couldn’t do with their own keys?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Feed them to a komodo dragon, then attach the komodo dragon to a rocket, tell it that you had its mum and she was crap, and then fire the rocket toward Mauritius.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just drop them in someones wheelie bin a few miles away, they’ll never see the light of day again. It’d have to be something pretty valuable for someone to track them and get permission to dig them up from the landfill.

theflatboy
    Free Member

just put them in a bin on a street a fair way from your house.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just bin them – in a public bin if you want the trail to be cold. It would have to be a particularly dim burgler to go around trying every key in every door he can find trying to find the door it will open.

grievoustim
    Free Member

uri gellar style bending technique – my grandad managed to bend his car key whilst watching him on Wogan in the 80s

paulosoxo
    Free Member

give them IWH

finbar
    Free Member

Before you throw them away you should file the edges smooth, or someone could find them and use them to scratch cars.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Tie them up near a radio while Wogan is doing breakfast on Radio 2 and watch them chew their own legs off to escape.

davidrussell
    Free Member

^harsh, but fair.

why not go out and get pissed and leave them in a hundred different front doors all along a street (not your own), that would freak people out….

ski
    Free Member

Secretly add one to all your mates keyrings, will give them hours of fun trying to figure out what’s it for 😉

mogrim

Stick the tips in quick setting concrete, then chuck them in the nearest lake, let the little suckers sleep with the fishes.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Before you throw them away you should file the edges smooth, or someone could find them and use them to scratch cars.

😆

sweaman2
    Free Member

Thanks all – some good and some amusing suggestions.. 😆

Eggbox
    Free Member

hide them in the panic room 😉

Flaperon

Fasten interesting labels to them (“Top Secret Nuclear Bunker”, “Barclays Safe Master Key” etc) and drop them in the high street.

blutac
    Free Member

i’d get an angle grinder and watch the sparks fly 🙂

jimmy

PMSL@BigD

hehehehehehhehhee

Rich
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

Put them in a lock and snap them off

Hehe, then put a thread up asking how to get the rest of the key out.

uplink
    Free Member

Next time it’s a bit windy & stormy – pop out & find some kite flyers, now, unobtrusively attach a key to the kite string, repeat until your supply is exhausted.

Coyote
    Free Member

I like Ski’s suggestion best.

GTDave
    Free Member

Store them in your “Man-Drawer”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qyJpAn2Wc

coffeeking
    Free Member

Give them to rob2 – he seems able to break them off in locks fairly well.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

No canals where you live ??

b1galus
    Free Member

i work in a scrap yard and i am amazed at the number of people who hand keys in to us

tomzo
    Free Member

Put them in a vice length ways, so as you tighten it up it will bend in half..

avdave2

Nice plan ski but can be improved by also removing a similar looking key from their keyring.

mAx_hEadSet

Er grind a ninja death star grade edge on them walk through Bristol and throw them violently at any shell suited chav on a yeti or 2009 model kona or other such bike reported stolen on here over the last year

CountZero

PMSL@ some of the very inventive answers here. Excellent stuff.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Attach a “For You” pendant and drop it into a mate’s jacket pocket. His GF/wife will deal with them swiftly.

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘How do I destroy keys?’ is closed to new replies.