• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How do I demo some bikes?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

There’s 3 or 4 bikes on my shortlist to replace my stolen beastie. I can read reviews/specs until I’m blue in the face but what I really want is to swing a leg over them and try them back to back. Anyone know of any demo days coming up in the next few weeks for the 2013 bikes? I’m interested in Spesh Stumpy Evo, Orange 5 and Lapierre Zesty mainly, but open to anything else in the “do it all” type of bike e.g. Bandit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depends where you live. Specialized normally easy. Orange try bikers and you could catch Santa Cruz too. If not if you have a lbs that stocks them all they can probably get them in for you.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Southern Peak District. LBS doesn’t really do stuff at this end of the range

nbt

NWMTB have a demo fleet covering those you mention (I think) and do dome days a couple of times each year – worth calling them to ask if any are planned. NOt too far from you , demo days are often at Roman Lakes in Marple so just the other side of macc

theotherjonv

or get a group of friends together and demo a few on the same day, swapping over every now and then

stilltortoise
    Free Member

NWMTB – good call. Cheers

chakaping
    Free Member

In classic STW “not answering the question” style, I’d just like to say that if I was considering the bikes you are interested in – I would also look at the new Canyon Nerve AL+.

Geometry looks spot on, four-bar suspension and they seem a good spec/weight – and excellent value.

If it had been available when I was replacing my stolen bikes, I’d have taken a punt on one.

rocketman
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes have a number of demonstrators http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/try-before-you-buy

davewalsh
    Free Member

Biketreks in Ambleside have 17″ & 20″ demo fives.

br
    Free Member

18Bikes are near you, and tbh any LBS who stock those brands can get demo’s – may need to pay a small fee which is refunded on purchase.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How do I demo some bikes?’ is closed to new replies.