Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How do I avoid negative ebay feedback on this issue?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

My Daughter sold a toy on ebay using my account. She was contacted by someone in Switzerland asking if she would post it there. She replied she would get a postage cost and get back to her.

In the meantime, the person in question buys the item and pays via paypal. The paypal address is a UK address.

I have gone back and told her that we will only send to the registered paypal address and not to the one she wants in switzerland.

Her english is rather broken and it is very difficult to understand her. I just want to issue a refund, but avoid her giving negative feedback for not supplying the goods.

Ideas?

kcal

Possibly contact eBay – if the item was UK only then they’re not on a good situation; they should also see the contact emails (and no email going out with P&P).

If it’s under the Global Shipping Program then there is ore scope – but then they’d have to have signed up for that.

eBay in first instance I think.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

How much is the toy? Why not take a gamble, and send it out if it’s not too much?

dyls

Did you set up the sale so only UK bidders could bid? If so just send it to the UK paypal address, unless they are willing to pay the extra for the postage to switzerland?

kahunajb
    Free Member

Did your advert offer postage outside the UK originally? If not I would just tell her that and take it up with Ebay if you do end up with negative feedback, I wouldn’t have thought Ebay would advise sending goods to non-registered addresses.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’d probably just send it wherever they want. Not everyone’s out to rip you off. And how much can a toy be worth if they do turn out to be an international toy conman.

Funny the amount of paranoia with Ebay. I’ve been selling records on Discogs for years, sending them untracked all over the world. Never once had one lost or been scammed.

kcal

Do the names match up on the address in UK though? You might end up sending out an item, them claiming it’s not been received (or delivered to CH) and still get -ve feedback..

I’d confirm they want it sent to the UK address first – should be simple enough – and maybe even send signed for to be sure..

nickjb
    Free Member

International doesn’t always mean con. If they cover postage it usually works out ok.

I did have a similar issue. Had a UK only sale. Went to someone in the isle of Mann For 99p and a couple of quid for postage. They refused to pay the extra postage for outside UK and got a bit arsey so I cancelled it as it was a fiver to post. They left negative feedback. After a fairly lengthy chat with ebay they deleted the feedback.

flanagaj
    Free Member

The issue is more to do with

a) Postage to Switzerland is more than the £3.80 listed on the ad
    b) They could claim they never received it and give me -ve feedback

iolo
    Free Member

Did the ad state uk postage only?

cynic-al
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member

The issue is more to do with

a) Postage to Switzerland is more than the £3.80 listed on the ad
    b) They could claim they never received it and give me -ve feedback

a) Explain they need to pay the extra
    b) claim from RM.

ninfan
    Free Member

Post it to the registered address

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How do I avoid negative ebay feedback on this issue?’ is closed to new replies.