Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How dated is a fox vanilla coil shock?
  • Garry_Lager

I have a simple vanilla coil rear shock on my gemini – bike and shock are about 5 years old. I like the shock just fine, but then you don't know what you don't know – I've never ridden a quality, longer travel rear shock. Curious to know what a modern state of the art shock would offer?

One thing I notice is that the bike climbs pretty well for its size. It's slow, but the shock seems nice and placid when you just sit and spin.

jam-bo

vanilla's are great shocks. simple, easy to set up and tune. perform really well.

alexxx
    Free Member

vanilla rc's are still regarded better than dhx5's

nasher
    Free Member

yep the vnillqas are best.

and when it needs servicing get it pushed by TF tuned and it will be better than most shocks out there.

nasher
    Free Member

yep the vnillqas are best.

and when it needs servicing get it pushed by TF tuned and it will be better than most shocks out there.

soma_rich
    Free Member

the Vanilla on my Coiler rocks my socks…

julianwilson
    Free Member

a mate spoke to Flooks a few months ago about a new coil shock for his heckler, was advised to get a vanilla over a dhx. I've got an even older one and its still ace.

juan
    Free Member

Depends wich year they were made. But they are not outdated yet

rob1984p
    Free Member

I ditched the 5th on my 223 in favour of an RC that I had lying around and it completely transformed the bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How dated is a fox vanilla coil shock?’ is closed to new replies.