Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • How cold…….
  • Makore
    Free Member

Warmed up two degrees when I passed an hour later. Pic below

Makore
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

I drive from Belper (where it started at -10) down past the excavator and towards Ripley on the a610 every day at the moment, and as above I also got -18! Seems as though theyre not far off the mark then! When I mentioned it to a plumber at work he just scoffed at the idea!!

plumber
    Free Member

Last year in Canada I experienced -38 I have never experienced anything like it, truely a mind numbing day.

That said I was happy to walk about all day in -25 if it was sunny and I had the right clothes on

Plum

Spaceman
    Free Member

Minus 16.5 between St Boswells and Kelso this morning, didn’t get above -8 in Galashiels all day today.

I was out fettling in the garage a while ago, I’m **** chilled to the bone. some Bunnahabhain Rocks is called for, central heating!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

341/365 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

Bit of a frost hollow at the Dunfermline Asda.

grtdkad

Crikey some of those are cold…drove home (to Malvern) from Swindon late last night and it was -9C. And both cars said -11C at around 8am this morning.

Don’t fancy riding in it tbh.

We rode regularly in -5 last winter (and as recently as this Sunday) but there’s a limit!

hh45
    Free Member

I’m really curious as its just never been that cold here in that London. Do cars start OK or is it causing grief? I mean with newish, otherwise reliable German and Jap stuff not 15 year old Rovers! Presumably in countries with reguar -10 temps the cars get a winter prep service but not in Derbyshire I suspect.

druidh
    Free Member

A “winter prep service” – what’s that? These sorts of temperatures are relatively once you get north of Watford. Cars seem to handle it just fine – as long as folk aren’t stupid with the lights/heater etc.

Makore
    Free Member

It seems most cars start without much problem – as long as the battery is in good condition. I’ll try my 20 yr old volvo at the weekend – it’s not been run for over three weeks but I’ve every confidence it will be fine……

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had to have new battery on my transit last Monday, which is three and a half yrs old, pretty piss poor to be fair. It was completely shagged!! That flat it even lost the key code for the stereo! Also a pain in the arse to fit as it’s under the drivers seat and requires the finger dexterity of a watch maker not a builder to refit!!!!

iDave
    Free Member

a mate of mine does a lot of business in Mongolia, he’s been out in -56c

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘How cold…….’ is closed to new replies.