Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • How cold is your lounge?
  • Edukator
    Free Member

18.8 and rising.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Log burner and underfloor heating on, very warm and I feel sleepy

monkeychild
    Free Member

About 15C just lounging about in jeans and a thin merino jumper. The wife would be going mental about how cold it is if she was here 😀

twohats
    Free Member

21c here, I like to lounge in shorts and a T-shirt.
    It always amazes me that houses in the uk are so cold and badly insulated, its not like it was ever warm in the winter!?

oldgit
    Free Member

I am now going upstairs to turn on the central heating 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

Blanket fetched

feet toasty.

all I need now is some crap on the telly LOL

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oldgit is pushing very close to not-going-to-get-any-oldergit! 😛

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Emsz – heating ticking over, duvet on top with cat No1 warming my legs and a box of choccy biscuits 8)

project
    Free Member

Lady G, it may be cold in your lounge, but your heart is still warm. 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

19.2. Wood now burnt out.

We’re nearly a month after the solstice now, Stoner. The water coming out of the solar tank is at over 20°C again on sunny days. Is it worth trying to feed your thermal store from the solar array yet?

elzorillo
    Free Member

Sweating like a scouser in currys here.. just got out the bath after a hard sesh at the gym.. missus has the place at about 30c and is sat with her feet on a hot water bottle. She’s adamant that the house is cold !!!

donsimon
    Free Member

What are you using to store the heat oldgit? And what glass do you have that doesn’t cuase problems after sundown?

Is it worth trying to feed your thermal store from the solar array yet?

It’s been pretty sunny here, sunny enough to put a smile on my face, be interesting to see the figures that the solar pv are pulling. Interesting to see how they are performing overall…

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

19c approx here, central heating boiler on 1, did put one bar of the electric fire on earlier for bit of a boost after being out all day

Not bad for an end of terrace 120 year old cottage, must be all the ivy covering the end wall

landcruiser
    Free Member

‘as it is she cowers under a blanket whilst I wander round in shorts’. 😯

20.4 in here ! (currently 1 outside)

I’m surprised how ‘cool’ some people have it… I have been standing outside to replicate other people’s conditions ! 🙂 don’t like it !

Stoner
    Free Member

My solar panels are venting steam at the moment. Got an airlock and havent got round to re-filling. Ive ordered sme new auto bleed vents to fit on the manual bleed tails to stop steam vapour causing locks again. Hopefully theyll arrive in the post tomorrow and Ill fit them tomorrow evening when the array is cold again.

Edukator
    Free Member

I can’t post the PV figures till the inverter boots up when the panels start producing in the morning. December was the worst month as you’d expect and cloudy, 101kWh. We consumed 120kWh at home and no doubt more than that on holiday.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Normally 20.5 degrees, but had the wood burner on tonight with the door shut and got up to 28!

What’s surprised me is that in the last week or so there was a thread about gas & elec bills. So how much are folk paying too, we pay £80 combined per month. If your rooms are as cold as some of you are saying, I hope you don’t pay more than £20!

bedmaker

*is happy not to be living in an old house or caravan anymore*

Edukator
    Free Member

Between 160 and 200kWh of electricity consumed a month so up to £20 (ingnoring the fact we’re energy psositive for over nine months of the year thanks to PV). No gas and nearly 1m3 of soft wood so far this Winter.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My house is normally just right for me, but leaving the window open didn’t help tonight!
    House used to be horribly cold but the boiler replacement and new draught-free windows are a godsend.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

*is happy not to be living in an old house or caravan anymore*

I know what you mean – I lived in a camper van for two years – I needed two duvets and two hot water bottles in the winter.

MrOvershoot

18 deg in the hall, 19 in the lounge and probably the same in the bathroom.
    Our bedroom is probably 10 at the moment as we almost never have the heat on in there (winter 2010 excepted) we will have the window open unless its below -5 and we are also still only using a 4.5tog duvet!
    If it rises to 21 in the house through heating I get very uncomfortable, natural heat I’m ok with but heating Uuggg

bri-72

Stoner the thermal image survey who did that and what sort of cost? Would consider for ours to see where our 1870s house leaks heat from (all over I expect).

18deg but only cos heating on all day. Do wish the stove hadn’t died :o(

unovolo
    Free Member

20.5 in the lounge as that’s what the digital room stat is set to ,and confirmed by the on board thermometer.
    21 yr old 3 bed det house,boiler is same age and haas cavity insulation decent dble glazing and loft insulation.

Definetly down to 0 or below outside at the moment.

Stoner
    Free Member

bri-72, the survey was done for free through a grant funded programme run by Malvern Hills council. The grant makes it free because it’s an AONB.

I cant find any google hits for the organisations implying it’s not a national program Im afraid.

A flyer Im looking at here suggests that the service is worth “hundreds of pounds”…

if you google for “free thermal imaging survey” it appears that there are a number of subsidised areas around the UK, you might be lucky.

mudshark
    Free Member

My wife seems happy to have our sitting room (lounge?!) at around 16 degrees, this might be because I told her if we had the house too warm mice would move in.

donsimon
    Free Member

How are we fairing at the moment oldgit? Still in flip flops?
    I’m also genuinely interested in knowing how you’re storing the heat.

footflaps

I’ve just turned the Aircon up in my room as it’s too hot, but then I am in Nairobi and managed a slight sunburn whilst having lunch by the hotel swimming pool….

GJP
    Free Member

Not sure but I am just sat around in a shorts and tee-shirt so can’t be too cold.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

About 25C as the wood burner is running, we’ve retired to the conservatory as it’s a bit cooler!

hofnar
    Free Member

It was 23 with the wood burner going at 8, outside already minus ten by then. Taking into account that I have some ill fitting scrap wood instead of windows and the woodburner should be dead by now I guess below zero in the morning my guess for outside is just shy of -20 we had -16 this morning when I was digging out the car to go and get some bread.

yunki
    Free Member

about a steady 19C.. We’ve got a very efficient air source heat pump system though so it costs us buttons..

buttercup
    Free Member

I’m with Dave on the snow suit.
    Mine is at about 2C. It is also mostly glass.

globalti
    Free Member

Ours is usually about 26C by the time Mrs Gti has got the stove roaring and opened the TRV to “full hot”.

I’m usually sweating and sneakily opening the door for some cooler air.

juan
    Free Member

Depends if you ask me, the SO or my mum…
    Me it’s the good temperature. The SO, it’s coldish. Mum, it’s freezing.

donsimon
    Free Member

There are some quite impressive figures there, I imagine the I’m around 15/16ºC without having the heating on. Neither tropical, as some appear to want, nor freezing. But more importantly I’m not burning tons of fuel as some would appear to be doing, so it’s FREEEEEEEEEEEEE! Must be costing some of you an absolute fortune. 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

I like it about 19 this time of year (or at least an indicated 19), though it will be about 14 when I get in from work. Though in spring/autumn 19 feels far too hot. Haven’t quite worked that one out.
    Cost isn’t an issue, I just lob another wad of Zimbabwean dollars in the Rayburn.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘How cold is your lounge?’ is closed to new replies.