Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How close should sunglasses fit?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Sounds like a silly question, but whenever its hot on the bike and I start to sweat, the sweat just goes from my forehead and down the lenses of my glasses.

Is this unavoidable? Should bike glasses sit slightly off your forehead/brow? It always seems they end up touching my brow when they’re sat most comfortably on the bridge of my nose.

Or do I just need to find a the right helmet vents to slot the arms down when its hot??!

bikeneil
    Free Member

Really? Just find some that are comfortable and move on. Don’t think there’s a fitting ‘standard’ for glasses…

jambalaya
    Free Member

That’s why people wear headscarfs of if you want to go retro a headband.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The ones I have are comfortable, it just that as soon as I start to sweat it comes down the lenses.

Just asking how close fitting people have their glasses.

scotroutes

I wear a buff under my helmet in summer. Soaks up any sweat you see…

Grimy
    Free Member

They’re sat too close to your fod. You need to pinch the nose rests in a little so they sit slightly further foward. If they dont have movable nose pads, then get some sugru and fashon some so they fit better. A lot of sports glasses are made “one size fits all” so it makes sence you may need to make a little adjustment/modification. Helps them from steeming up too.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Buff winter & summer (different ones obviously) warm in winter, soaks up sweat in summer.
    plus you look like you think you look cool when you take your helmet off…

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ok, thanks guys….and I always wanted an excuse/reason to buy some sugru!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How close should sunglasses fit?’ is closed to new replies.