Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How chunky is a chunky monkey?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m currently running a Bonty 29×2.3 tlr on the front with Rebas on a 42mm rim, but clearence is miniscule. Anyone running a monkey with Rebas?

Cheezpleez

42mm rim? Blimey, what’s that? I have a Monkey on a Flow rim run in in Revs with loads of clearance

Bagstard
    Free Member

It is a nimbus Dominator from when I ran rigids. The Bonty tyre is flipping huge!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll offer one into a Reba for you later if you don’t get a satisfactory answer on here.

Would be on a Crossmax rim though if that’s any good?

skiprat
    Free Member

Not running one with Rebas so can’t comment on room but they are a crackin tyre. Loads of grip in the wet on rocks. They are big but they’re great.

oliverracing

ran one last year on a mavic x517 rim- it was huge on that and not great clearance – so on a 42mm rim I can’t see it fitting!

Bagstard
    Free Member

It is more of a height, than a width issue, I wouldn’t have thought the wide rim would make it taller?!

Chakaping, thanks mate.

scandal42
    Free Member

I run one on Crest, it barely fits under my rev forks, so much so that I cant even run a mucky nutz.

kimbers

as monkeys go they are this kinda chunky

on my 721 rims they are very tight on marzocchi 44s

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks all, looks like it will be a no for the fat monkey then.

chakaping
    Free Member

very tight at the top of the brace

Dyffers
    Free Member

29er Chunky Monkey on a P35 rim fit into my Rebas with a small amount of clearance.

br
    Free Member

I run one on Crest, it barely fits under my rev forks, so much so that I cant even run a mucky nutz.

Odd, as mine (2.4 super sticky version) fits fine with the same setup – maybe you’ve not the Mucky Nutz fitted right?

As a reference, it was 9mm taller than the single-ply DHF Minion it replaced.

scandal42
    Free Member

Possibly, however its that close that leafs etc sometimes build up in the space.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How chunky is a chunky monkey?’ is closed to new replies.