Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • How can slippers make me want to stab someone!!!!!!
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Here is some inspiring lifestyle stuff! mahabis (their lack of capitals, not mine) I quote…

laid-back. relaxed. chilled-out. fleetings of dawn and dusk. such moods and moments help define where we are as a brand. many brands try to be your partner for peak athletic performance, promising to help you drive that little bit extra by straining. we’re the opposite. we want to be there for your downtime. the other 90% of your day. your daily adventures.

or maybe…

we often describe ourselves as sitting somewhere between hip-hop and folk. the earthiness and grounding of tradition and heritage, but the edge of the contemporary, the revolutionary. we want to straddle both planes. that’s where we think true innovation lies.

GET OUT OF YOUR ARSE, THEY ARE JUST SLIPPERS WITH A VELCRO ON SOLE… For £49.99 with free world-wide delivery fifty bloody quid!

Arggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

My level of annoyance may have been somewhat enhanced by my exposure to their advert in the middle of the night when I would really have rather been asleep, still, half term is just starting…

JoeG
    Free Member

I’d rather saw my own feet off with a dull hacksaw than wear those! 😡

ohnohesback
    Free Member

After visiting that web page I want to shank them repeatedly with a large, flat-bladed screwdriver.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP, when I saw your thread title I thought “blimey that fella’s a bit uptight”.

But upon seeing that website, I whole heartedly agree that nuking it from orbit is the only way to be sure.

andyfla
    Free Member

we exist to innovate around your everyday adventures

and how exactly will slippers with removeable soles do this ?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

we exist to innovate around your everyday adventures
    and how exactly will slippers with removeable soles do this ?

R soles I guess

mattbee

By innovating. You know, around the adventures you have every day.

True mastery of marketing bollocks.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Fills me with the urge to defecate.

So does this:

‘Like all Swedes, they believe in the virtues of simplicity and uncomplicatedness and this is reflected in the cider (sic) of which they’re so proud’

Ingredients:
    Carbonated Water, Fermented Pears, Pear Juice, Sugar, Pear Flavouring, Acid; Citric Acid E330, Preservative; E202, Antioxidant: (E224, Sulfite)

World of toss. Grarghhh. What”s for breakfast, lies on toast? (rampage)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

People still buy slippers.?

Pigface
    Free Member

Thin hair makes you invisible????

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If your only issue with that website is that slippers still exist neilsonwheels, stay away from walls come the revolution!

Having a fresh look this morning just exposed more things for me to have an issue with, like the (entering sarcastic mode) huge (leaving sarcasm mode and re-initialising indignant mode) range of sizes, serviced by one size of sole, that comfortably fits them all… 37-44? But all the same size sole?

leffeboy

I think it’s an awesome piece of work. They got you to do their work of getting inbound links by going over the top – it’s brilliant. Lets face it, if all they wanted to do was to get you to pay 50 quid for slippers all they had to do was print birkenstock on the side.

garage-dweller

there is so much rage here today I hope none of you are planning on driving anywhere this morning. 😛

Genuine people personality slippers anyone?

Harry_the_Spider

Isn’t the full sleeve tattooed hipster thing wearing a bit thin now? They’ve even got them advertising Clarks’ shoes now.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I keep getting told by the missus to get some slippers because she’s getting fed up hooverong sock fluff off the carpet. If you all have a whip round I could give you a ‘real world’ review if you like

thegreatape
    Free Member

Must be a piss take. Surely?

sweepy
    Free Member

Annoying website and sole size concerns aside I think they look alright, and you can’t tell me fifty quid is unusual for slippers on here. Even my crocs and heatholder sock combo was nearly £40

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m off to buy some now.

Rock and roll!

…not the ones from that **** website, tho.

our factories are scattered across some of the quirkiest cities in europe.

lolz.

Sundayjumper

I was about to raise the same point Jamie.

we have employees based all around the world. our factories are scattered across some of the quirkiest cities in europe.

You have one product. Just how many factories do you need ? I’m going to go out on a limb and say that if it’s more than one, you’re doing it wrong.

bencooper
    Free Member

as a company we are based in london

Well, there’s a surprise 😉

AND USE SOME **** CAPITALS

sweepy
    Free Member

bencooper – Member

Hello kettle, pot here…

kayak23

I quite like them.
    Just saying…

However, the day I wear slippers is the day I’ve given up on life, so currently I’m out. 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Hello kettle, pot here…

😀

Old IT habit, using lower case for usernames.

monkeychild
    Free Member

But there’s 10% off!! What’s not to like??

Jamie
    Free Member

The remaining 90%?

monkeychild
    Free Member

The remaining 90%?

but with the Velcro soles, I can walk up Velcro walls!!!

sweepy
    Free Member

sweepy – Member

Actually now I check it appears i’m no better 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure back on the pre-hack forum we weren’t allowed capital letters in user names.

antigee

WARNING

do not, i repeat (in lower case), do not click on the “lifestyle” tab

i’m off for counselling

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

£50 for a pair of slippers? What is this, an episode of The Apprentice?

Ahhhm ooot. (Yeah I know, different show)

sweepy
    Free Member

Inspired by your advice I did look at the Lifestyle tab and would recommend it, its **** hilarious.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

The Rapha of slippers.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Awesome! “Use social15 and get 15% off if you buy today!”
    They are bloody stalking me now…

chiefgrooveguru

They do look comfy (says the man in £40 sheepskin slippers…)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Slippers are not the issue… The price isn’t really the issue (just because I wouldn’t pay it says the man in the slippers he got for Christmas) but… Have they ever read their own website?

slowoldman

Well they appear to be aimed at folks living in squats with bare walls, so I guess they need something warm on their feet.

andyl
    Free Member

I like them. Can you walk around without the rubber sole? Would be good for leaving the soles at the back door.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Yes andyl, they would appear to be indoor/outdoor slippers that you shouldn’t treat as shoes, but that isn’t the point!

ourmaninthenorth

must be a joke. Right?

gordimhor

All slippers are the devils work.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘How can slippers make me want to stab someone!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.