Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • How can I stop cats laying their eggs on my lawn
  • breninbeener

I have a recurring problem of cats pooping in my back garden. For some reason they take great joy in using the slightly more trampled area under my washing line. I have a springer spaniel who has no interest in chasing them off and there are literally dozens of semi feral cats where i live.

martinhutch

Cats like slightly longer grass for shitting purposes. Is your lawn getting a haircut regularly?

breninbeener

It does tend to get left from time to time. But they always make a beeline for the strip inder the clothes line…where i stand in it and swear….

slackalice
    Free Member

Lion poo. Distribute around the border of your curtilage of your property and no domestic cats will dare enter.

Fear of being eaten and all that.

Harry_the_Spider

As I’m prohibited by law from taking my preferred course of action I find that spent coffee grounds scattered in Tiddle’s favourite shitting spot keeps them away.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I use 3 of these, triangulated in the Garden floor and another one on a tree pointing over the shed roof.

scotroutes

Airgun and hang the bodies round the garden

badllama
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider
    You can destroy them in they are feral, (speaks the man who has shot more than he stroked in another life).

Feral cat Felis catus

deadkenny
    Free Member

You need your own cat. Cats shit in neighbour’s gardens, not your own, and they see off other cats. Dogs do **** all about it, just bark a lot, shit in your own garden and don’t even bother to bury it. Useless animals.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

A couple of plastic juice bottles filled with water left lying about can work

Northwind

Get a wolf

thecaptain
    Free Member

Our previous cats certainly shitted in our garden.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Eggs?? MODS.. why hasnt the word eggs been added to the swear filter so that it comes out as ‘shit’ instead of ****

Is this possible?

acidchunks

Too broad, it’d kick in on correct use of the word.

“this morning i ate shit on toast for breakfast”

“i could murder a bacon and shit butty”

“rode into a tree, wasn’t wearing a helmet and now I’ve got a massive shit on my forehead”

lerk
    Free Member

You could autocorrect on ‘dog eggs’ or ‘cat eggs’ though! 😉

SiofCannock
    Free Member

Unlikely to be cats if not covered up. Foxes?

breadcrumb

I had one of those ultrasonic doodahs like bikebouy, it worked a treat.

zippykona

Cats have an unfounded reputation for being tidy shitters. They shit on our doorstep ,so they aren’t really good time that fussed about digging it over.

loddrik
    Free Member

And I own 4 cats.

robfury
    Free Member

A mate of mine did this as neighbours cat was attacking his in his garden. Never saw cat again. Super soaker wee human wee in the water tank on super soaker top up with water.

Wait for cat to appear and spray it in the face! Apparently they hate the smell. Never seen cat back!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I was having major problems with cats shitting in my garden earlier this year. Tried all sorts to fix it without success. The thing that worked was getting their shit on a trowel and flicking it at them. One hit and they dont come back.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Nerf gun personal fav big .50cal sniper rifle even if you don’t hit them scares the living day lights out of them non leathal 👿 but enough of a whack for them to remember

breninbeener

The urine filled supersoaker appeals to my sense of mischief. I will also price up the ultrasonic cat repellers.

zokes
    Free Member

On the assumption that this comes with too much collateral…

Then maybe this is an option?

[video]http://youtu.be/uIbkLjjlMV8[/video]

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Cats are territorial they’ll always desecrate in your garden. Chances are your soil hasn’t been turned over and is hard so they go for the easy option, the lawn.

Accepting the fact you’ll get cat shite regardless, best to redirect the cat shite to a more appropriate area.

Dig a hole at the back of the garden, behind a bush, behind the shed, somewhere out of sight, large as you like, or dig a couple of holes, if you want to really go to town chuck a bit of cat litter in them. (not essential but faster results) Cats love defecating in holes, and will scratch the surrounding soil to cover it over too! Once every few months turn the soil over.

This will take you from poo minefield, to zero poo. Try it.

zokes
    Free Member

best to redirect the cat shite to a more appropriate area.

The cat’s owner’s face?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Its less faff and cost than lion pellets, sonic devices, standing there with hose ready, buying your own cats, and pissing in a supersoaker though 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘How can I stop cats laying their eggs on my lawn’ is closed to new replies.