Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • How can I mount a reverb lever underneath my bars?
  • rhid

I know this is a common thing but google is not helping me out today and I cannot get good pics off the internet!

I have SLX brakes and shifters so I am not sure if some sort of matchmaker exists, I don’t think they are the I-spec system either. If it helps I bought the complete groupset from Merlin in November!

I would be looking to mount a lever on the Right hand side (as its a left hand lever). Inspirational pics would be much appreciated.

Thanks

rhid

Sui
    Free Member

You need the opposite side lever/button for the side you want it on. I made this mistake.. (i.e. for mounting left underneath brake, get a right hand lever and mount it upside down.)

rhid

that is the plan, Its just I need a few pics of peoples set ups to see how it can be done with or without fixing the shifter to the brake lever via a matchmaker or similar.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

bear in mind, you can mount it pointing either way under the bars. Unfortunately it won’t become apparent what works best until you actually have the lever. If you can borrow one off a mate to trial then do so. I think most people mount it on the left as the rear dérailleur levers are used much less.
    I intended mounting under bars by the left grip to use with the thumb (which is a righthand mount lever switched over). It didn’t fit within the brake and shifter positions I like. I mounted it under the right grip pointing forward for index finger, which works well. In hind sight, I would have bought a left hand lever and just swivelled it under the bars by the left hand grip.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How can I mount a reverb lever underneath my bars?’ is closed to new replies.