Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • How can I get hubby to…..
  • Bunnyhop

wear moisturiser?

As a rufty tufty Northerner it’s proving difficult for me to make him realise at his age he needs to look after his beautiful soft, flawless skin.

I purchased a boots own brand product, on showing it to him he replied “Oh Darling how very kind, but maybe it would be better on your skin” 😉

It was more along the lines of ” you won’t catch me beep wearing any beep beauty products on my face”.

Sigh.

Drac

Buy him an Audi TT.

xiphon
    Free Member

Keep reminding him he will look like a raisin in 10 years time.

Cougar

You need to learn to speak ‘bloke.’

Tell him that the smell turns you on, and you’re liable to ravish him senseless if he wears it. Then, most importantly, make good on this promise.

Do that a couple of times and he’ll be oilier than the Gulf of Mexico.

Bez

As a namby pamby southerner my response would have been exactly the same as his.

carbon337
    Free Member

have an affair with a younger looking man….

ive been told in the past that my advice is crap though.

woody2000

Leave him for a metrosexual? Maybe you could give hubby one of your handbags too?

🙄

😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sounds like he has repressed sexuality issues.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I can (allegedly) recommend L’Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Turbo Booster (yes that’s really what it’s called). Of course, being that it’s got “turbo” in it’s name, it’s totally not girly and only for rugged chaps.

epicyclo

I’m sure I read somewhere that by the age of 60, men’s skin is better than women’s precisely because they don’t put that muck on their faces.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

Easy, offer him a bj each time he puts in on.
    it would work for me. 😛

Drac

And what ever you do don’t post it on a forum he frequents are we’ll know how much he’s under the thumb.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mix in some kebab grease, beer and WD40 for that essential ‘Eau de Bloke*’ fragrance…

Elfinsafety 2010

PeteG55
    Free Member

Absolutely beeping right, something my ex used to go on about. Hang on, my Dad is nearing retirement, quite often gets told he is 10 years younger than he is and I suspect the only ‘male grooming products’ thats been near his face are a Gilette razor, alcohol based aftershave and soap. Think I’ll be alright too seen as if I go clean shaven, I get asked for ID still, at 31! My skin is pretty good at looking after itself. Proper wash once a day is enough.
    Yes, it is one of those stupid little things I get wound up about. Don’t get it, just another fashion/fad.

druidh
    Free Member

I use the Body Shop “Face protector” – that way I can pretend it’s not just moisturiser.

Mind you, I have the heart, body and face of someone 30 years younger, so I’m perhaps not the best example.

crazy-legs

I’m sure I read somewhere that by the age of 60, men’s skin is better than women’s precisely because they don’t put that muck on their faces.

Men’s skin is allegedly less wrinkled in older age because, when shaving, men stretch the skin and exercise the facial muscles therefore the skin is healthier and less prone to going wrinkly/saggy.

anokdale
    Free Member

Getting more like mumsnet everyday on here, apparently 😉

Cougar

And what ever you do don’t post it on a forum he frequents are we’ll know how much he’s under the thumb.

He can’t complain too loudly, we’re getting him laid.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I just don’t dry my face after shaving – water is absorbed. I hate all the oily lotions although the gel-like ones seem OK.

I think smoking, drinking, bad living is what wrecks skin.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mind you, I have the heart, body and face of someone 30 years younger

Under the floorboards? Patio? Attic? 😯

Isn’t it beginning to smell a bit?

FWIW I use some cheap stuff from my favourite shop, LiDLs. I swim a fair bit, so need something to moisturise or I get very dry skin. It’s very simple no frills stuff. Just liquid paraffin/Glycerol type thing, which is the base for most moisturising lotions costing loads more.

It’s about £1.39 for a 250ml pot which lasts ages.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Don’t get it, just another fashion/fad.

Call me cynical, but surely it’s more a case of saturation in the target market, so lets try and force the same crap with a different name and less smell on the other 50% of the population on the basis of some “new” multi-peptide-poly-**** formula…. oh, and because you’re worth it.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I couldn’t be without my daily fix of Astral. I even have a small pot at work for those unexpected dry moments after winter commutes.

If I’m a good boy, Mrs. S gives me a go of her Estee Lauder face cream. Yummee.

Bunnyhop

Cougar – What is this ‘Ravish’ and ‘turning on’ that you talk of?

We’re married you know!

PeteG55
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

Nail.Head.Hit.

khani
    Free Member

Us men mature with age, like a fine wine
    Its women that turn into raisins and need ‘stuff’
    I picked the mrs up from the Salon the other day and there was a lady having what looked like electric shock treatment to her face 😯 it looked painful as well, she kept telling the girl to turn it to max cos she was going on holiday and she could stand the pain 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is right you are wrong. No need to make him as effeminitate as you…this way you get the bathrooom /sink /dressing table all to yourself as well. Everyone is a winner.
    You are winding him up aren’t you? I like that

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If my lips are bleeding from countless salt encrusted winter commutes, I’ll begrudingly use a bit of chapstick.

Moisturiser FFS.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t get it, just another fashion/fad.

Everyone’s skin is different. Mine is suited to warmer climes, and the combination of weather and hard water plus frequent swimming can dry my skin. I’m 38 and I look a fair bit younger than that. Nowt wrong with using simple moisturiser. If you wanna be all ‘blokey’, then why bother with soap? Why wash at all, comb your hair, shave?

alcohol based aftershave

Perfume, then? 😉

Of course, being that it’s got “turbo” in it’s name, it’s totally not girly and only for rugged chaps.

😀

I smoke, drink and live badly, yet ladies tell me that my skin is as soft and smooth as a baby’s bottom. They seem to like it anyway.

There is a lot of bollocks around ‘beauty’ products though. The more you need, the uglier you are…

Drac

You know when he said “I fancy a facial” I’m not sure you fully understood him, hence the grumpiness.

miketually
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member
    I couldn’t be without my daily fix of Astral. I even have a small pot at work for those unexpected dry moments after winter commutes.

If I’m a good boy, Mrs. S gives me a go of her Estee Lauder face cream. Yummee.

Having met both Mr Bunnyhop and The Internet’s Derek Starship, I feel that I have made the correct decision to never use moisturiser.

miketually
    Free Member

Why do women use make-up and perfume?

Because they’re ugly and they stink.

Bunnyhop

Lol @ Drac and Miketually

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Drac – just spoils the surprise if you tell them beforehand …

Bunnyhop

derek_starship – Ahh but do you give your stomach a good dose?

thomthumb
    Free Member

I’m 38

😯

i thought you were about 15!!

Drac

Drac – just spoils the surprise if you tell them beforehand …

Yeah but then you get an Angry Pirate.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Get a grip woman, are you trying to turn your man into a big jessie, you should be able to strike a match on his chin, feed him cow pie 🙄

nickc

There’s quite a lot of displaced anger in this thread…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

i thought you were about 15!!

Why thank you! Moisturising obviously works. 😀

I’m actually 9 1/2 in Leap Years (Was born on 29th Feb).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘How can I get hubby to…..’ is closed to new replies.