Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • how can i bodge this (V brake q)
  • qwerty
    Free Member

I’m missing the pin on the back of a V brake that slots into one of the three holes on the brake boss and allows me to tension / centre the V brake arm ?

Ta

cynic-al
    Free Member

gonna be v. tricky to fix I think, you could try aralditing a bit of spoke or something the correct size in there.

new v-brakes don’t cost a lot though.

qwerty
    Free Member

Yea, I currently in the shed holding a spoke wondering if I’ve any chemical metal stuff knocking around……..

FraserHughes
    Free Member

I’ve used an elastic band to the seat stay before.

It sort of worked….

gazc
    Free Member

had the same problem a few years ago – i used a short section of spoke that i glued into the v brake pivot bit where the pin had fallen out of with araldite, worked for a fair few hundred miles of touring and commuting before i stripped the bike down (still got the brakes and would use them again)

qwerty
    Free Member

Hmm, no chemical metal stuff, so i’ll see if I’ve any araldite knocking around………

gazc
    Free Member

one thing – if you’re forks/frame has the type of brake mount that has the holes for the pin that do not go all the way through the metal, you could just wedge the pin in there. when the v brake is bolted on there’s no where for it to go so it’ll hold itself. unfortunately mine wasn’t so simple…

qwerty
    Free Member

In my search for araldite I found the chemical metal stuff, I popped a bit of spoke in and its waiting to set… Fingers crossed 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

Seems to have worked after a Humu along the canal. I backed it up with some chemical metal behind the boss to stop the spoke pin falling out. BODGETASTIC 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

“Humu” ❓

nbt

“Humu” ?

Kona Humuhumunukunukuapua’a

qwerty
    Free Member

“Humu” is an abbreviation of the verb humuhumu-nukunuku-apua’a which roughly translated means “a leisurly ride of ones bicycle”. It has nowt to do with fish.

😉

ads678

Someones been watching Octonauts!!

nbt

Someones been watching Octonauts!!

More likely someone at the beeb rides MTBs, the konas have been aroudn for 15 years or so…

FraserHughes
    Free Member

Good work. Though I take issue with calling it a bodge, you’ve practically fixed it!!! 😆

This is a bodge:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘how can i bodge this (V brake q)’ is closed to new replies.