Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • how bloody cold….
  • ton

out riding today.
    been to the lakes, claife and grizedale area.

proper brass monkeys.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Should have said mate…

MrNutt
    Free Member

I can’t help thinking its probably your fault, you jumping up and down on the northern part of this little island has probably jostled this verdant isle closer to the Arctic circle!!

you’ll have to come down this was to try and balance things out!

macmclaren
    Free Member

not as cold as kitesurfing in scotland. My fingers still sting.but what a day 😀

singlespeedstu

“How bloody cold?”

I was thinking the same thing myself this morning while I was sat on the outside bog with the door open. Bothying at it’s finest. :o)

Start the day with a shit with a view.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I was in the Lakes too – a little parky perhaps, that’s all 🙂

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Well, y’all shoulda said…I’d have made you all hot chocolate and cake if only I’d known!! 8)

grahamh
    Free Member

Didn’t think it was cold! Windy, worse than yesterday and that was bad..

Evesie
    Free Member

Cold, a tad nippy but not real cold – I’m off to Finland tomorrow -19°C forecast for end of next week. Now that’s getting cold…

MrNutt
    Free Member

haha, I used to live there! it gets insanely cold!! (35ft of snow in one night, -47 degs!)

buy some Sisu from a chemist (licorice) and some salmiaki (salty licorice spirit) oh and some Korskenkorva (vodka, literal translation “I touch ears”!?!)

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Pah, cold? I’m a southerner and managed to cope with a ride in the White Peak today no problem.

Dress for the conditions and you’ll be fine, big jessy.

;o)

Gary_C

I was in’t Lakes (with 8 others),Coniston,Grizedale,Iron Keld,Hodge Close etc,& apart from it being a bit chilly when kitting up,it was a crackin’ good day!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I was in’t Lakes (with 8 others),Coniston,Grizedale,Hodge Close etc

perhaps we saw each other then ? We rode Ambleside/Elterwater/Tilberthwaite/Low Hall Garth/Elterwater/Skelwith/Loughrigg Fell

Evesie
    Free Member

MrNutt,
    Sounds like you checked out some local delicacies – Salmiaki – like most of the Finnish spirits – you could probably run a rocket on the stuff. Seems like getting totally lashed is a main pastime over there, has your liver recovered yet?

ton

well all..****..right then, it was warm as toast.
    and i am a big soft shyte… 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and i am a big soft shyte.

Glad we got THAT sorted out :o) I’ve often speculated that larger persons have more exposed surface to feel the cold with, and that surface is insulated from the warmth inside…

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope and I doubt it ever will, many happy memories of sitting outside the bar in minus 30 wearing a t-shirt as if it was summer! I love the mad place!

Gary_C

Simon,don’t think we saw your group.

The only other riders we saw were a group of about six,as we were riding up the bw from Knipe Fold,approaching the gate on the right where you go onto Iron Keld,they were coming down out of Iron Keld.
    That was about 12 noon.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we saw loads of other bikers, even some who attempted the ford at Little Langdale (as did I, wet footed)

I fell off on some ice:

Gary_C

We all wimped out at the ford & used the bridge…

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

MY EYES,MY EYES!!!! 😉

ton

simonfbarnes

silly old codger..

MrNutt
    Free Member

You have a woman’s legs, SFB!

I’ll wager those are legs that have never been sliced clean off by a falling sail, and swept into the sea before your very eyes.

njee20
    Free Member

Twas nice and mild down here, not seen so many folks around the Surrey Hills for ages, also couldn’t believe how dry it was considering how wet it’d been mid week!

scotabroad

Me and the kiddies walked up the grey mares tail today and played about in the snow and the had a right old laugh. That was until we came back down into a very icy strong headwind, which meant a swift trip into the Moffat cafe for hot chocolates 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You have a woman’s legs, SFB!

I prefer my women to have less hairy legs :o)

pypdjl
    Free Member

It was a bit nippy. Was regretting wearing shorts when it started snowing…

cuckoo
    Free Member

It was warm enough to have a sweat on out in the peak today except for the last bit when I rode back near Stanedge pole at about 4pm. Then it was a sub zero whiteout with horizontal snow and strong gusting winds 😀

MicArms

Had several complete head and body imersions in shitty bog water , which was quite hypothermic.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘how bloody cold….’ is closed to new replies.