Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • How big is your bowl of cereal usually?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

The serving size on the packet of the honey nut cornflake type cereal I eat is 30g but the 500g packet lasts me 4 days so I’m eating 4 servings per breakfast; it’s the suggested serving size that’s wrong not me, right?

slowjo
    Free Member

Their serving sizes are for sparrows.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

4 days.!!! Good lord.

A two to three wheatabix size portion for me but I normally have a slice of toast as well if I have cereal.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s why I eat porridge. A serving, 45g, is actually a decent amount when coupled with 200ml of milk.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i normally eat twice the portion, and thats not a lot in the bowl.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

A girl came round our class and asked us all to pour the amount of we would normally eat for breakfast. People’s servings ranged from 85g to over 200. I also eat porridge, but still probably a bigger bowl than I’m meant to (just so ‘ludicrously tasty!!’)

onandon
    Free Member

I usually weigh it now. 50-80 grams depending what it is.

Earlier in the year I found out my average bowl of cheerios was around 800 calories.

sparkerfix

Your not alone ! 750g box in under a week and maybe the occasional supper snack as well. I can now point out to the wife I’m not the only one with an addiction for CNC’s !

CheesybeanZ

5 weetabix or a heaped bowl of bitesize shredded wheat . never read the suggested serving size .

redthunder
    Free Member

I eat porridge

Half a cup of oats to half of cup of milk {sometimes water when the milks ran out}

🙂

nuke

Roughly 50g of Shreddies…keeps me going until lunchtime, just about.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I probably have 2 or 3 times the recommended amount of crunchy nut!

if I have porridge I cheat and use oat so simple sachets, but one of them seems to be the perfect portion size for me (porridge is filling!)

grim168
    Free Member

1/2 mug oats to 1 mug of milk or two sachets of oatso. If my porridge is too runny i top it up with lidl own brand muesili as its as good as alpen but a lot less money.

northdownsouth
    Free Member

pint of milk in a pudding bowl, fill with cereal until desired ratio is achieved. Or 5-6 weetabix. Keeps me going until 10 o’clock snack 😀

crazy-legs

Three weetabix with a pile of muesli on top. Whatever idiot suggested a “typical serving size” of 2 weetabix is obviously wrong. If I have porridge, I also cheat and use sachets but I need 2 sachets for one serving. 😉

piha
    Free Member

If I have porridge it will be a pint of milk and keep adding the oats until it’s nice and thick, banana and honey in the bowl first, then pour the pint of porridge on top. Can’t beat it.
    If it’s Weetabix, then banana and honey first, 4 Weetabix and plenty of milk.
    All washed down with a big cup of tea and a handful of (dunkable) biscuits.

mrblobby
    Free Member

As much porridge as I can fit in the bowl, swiftly followed by a couple of pancakes or toast.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The bowl is full.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

5 weetabix or 100g of oats/2 cups of milk

pop-larkin
    Free Member

3 weetabix or 2 of the small variety pack boxes that the kids dont want (ie the ones not involving chocolate!)

Haze

45g of porridge, top up to 280g with milk. That specific.

Cougar

It’s not just cereal though, is it. Pretty much everywhere you read “serves X,” it’s a blatant lie. Recipes in particularly are guilty of this; serves four what, kittens?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

As much as I can squeeze in the bowl without spilling much 🙂

As a side note is it possible to eat cereal and not get a little dribble of milk on your chin?

nbt

3 weetabix. I went up to four but stated putting weight on

tazzymtb

blinking flip with the amount of roughage folk are eating for breakfast you lot must lay cables like a north sea rig 😯

Taff
    Free Member

4 or 5 weetabix with crunchy nut/coco pops/alpen all around the sides in a nice big serving dish using about a pint of milk

restless
    Free Member

I fill up one of those free Kelloggs bowls with my coco pops 🙂
    at least twice a day
    A box lasts less than a week

martinxyz
    Free Member

weetabix 4-5

cornflakes i have in a mixing bowl with just under a pint of milk in it.If that gives you an idea!

simondbarnes

100g porridge, pint of milk, large pinch of salt. Sorted.

emma82
    Free Member

Porridge here, made with water and a mashed banana. Portion sizes on cereal boxes are designs for hamsters. Tiny.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

if I have porridge I cheat and use oat so simple sachets

seriously…? 2kg bag of oats for less than £2 at the local supermarket which is enough energy to cycle to the moon and back.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Paleo here. Cereal = Poison.

sas
    Free Member

When I’m really lazy I’ve been known to get through a 500g box in a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks). Around £3 including milk for a day’s food. If it’s fortified with vitamins and minerals does it count as part of your 5-a-day?

Jamie
    Free Member

Paleo here. Cereal = Poison.

lolz @ Grok

Edit: And at the fact your username is very un-paleo.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Just weighed my bowl of mwesley and it comes out at 100g before milk. I’m glad I stopped getting the expensive stuff.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I can’t believe how many people eat junk cereals!

CaptJon
    Free Member

What’s junk cereal?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

All this kellogg’s rubbish.

What a waste of a meal.

Jamie
    Free Member

I can’t believe how many people eat junk cereals!

Hmmm.

boltonjon

4 Weetabix with a sliced banana and 2 bits of toast

its not enough though! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How big is your bowl of cereal usually?’ is closed to new replies.