Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How big is a 2.35 Minion DHF compared to a 2.25 ADvantage?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Replaced my Pike Coil with a Reba Race 120 Maxle and it’s great, but I can’t fit a 2.25 ADvantage and my Neoguard in. CRC have 2.35 ST Minion DHF for £25, is it smaller than a 2.25 ADvantage? Maxxis sizing never ceases to amaze me, so hoping it is a bit smaller.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Yup, a fair bit smaller.

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds like that’s my winter front tyre sorted then 🙂

Bucko

My 2.35 wire bead Minion is quite a bit smaller than my 2.25 Kevlar Advantage

rocketman
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds like that’s my winter front tyre sorted then

A word of caution – although the 2.35 Minion is not as wide as a 2.25 Advantage, it’s not lacking in terms of height. Itll be a tight squeeze with your Neoguard

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s where it’s tight so that might be an issue. Might try a 2.2 Purgatory

james
    Free Member

2.2″ purgatory isn’t going to be much smaller than a 2.25″ advantage, though perhaps enough (and tread not super tall) to do it?

Maxxis sizing amazing you, At some point they started with a new set of sizes. Advantage/crossmark were some of the first ‘big’ maxxis, AFAIK (having not tried any) eveything after are also ‘big’ size, eg ardent/high roller 2/aspen/ikon/etc

High Roller/Minion/Ignitor/LarsenTT/medusa/swampthing I think are all the older ‘small’ maxxis

sambob
    Free Member

Cheers. Will be hard to tell without actually trying them, will have another look around.

philfive
    Free Member

Yep as mentioned Minion is smaller, I run them both.

Northwind

By and large, if a Maxxis comes in 2.25, it’s a new-style one and the sizing will be fairly accurate. If it comes in 2.35, then it’s old-style and was measured by a blind man with a rubber ruler, on a galloping horse.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How big is a 2.35 Minion DHF compared to a 2.25 ADvantage?’ is closed to new replies.